Arrow Lake you're my guard, my guide, you're my life i confide in
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
butts in here

while it feels good to stretch her legs and keep herself as active as she physically can — though it grows harder by the passing weeks as her sides swell — blodreina finds herself a bit breathless and needing to take breaks. that was not normal for the wanlida who was used to being able to run the borders without breaking much of a sweat. it was only a matter of time before her instincts drove her under ground ( much to her horror ) to prepare a birthing den. she resists that for as long as she can but that, like the fact that she couldn't get around quite as effortlessly as she was used to, was growing harder to ignore.

still, she was stubborn and would tend to the borders for as long as she was able. it was familiar and it kept her busy, as did checking on aure and her babes. blodreina'd never taken such an interest in children before but aure was the only one she knew and indefinitely trusted and thus as a fellow nomon often seeks her advice — mostly on this Thing™ happened to me today or I felt this Thing™, is this normal???. blodreina knew warfare ...she did not know motherhood, didn't ever expect to find herself expecting.

there is some surprise as she makes her patrol to scent aure on the air — though surely her babes are old enough now to be left with a sitter for a few hours. beyond that is an additional familiar scent and blodreina makes her way as quick as she can, trying to mask the heaviness in her breath despite that there was no masking the fact that she was pregnant. heavily so, now. it feels like her heart skips a beat when she sees him, her surprise evident. she didn't think she'd ever see him again; which is followed quickly by the guilt that she hadn't tried to find him and tell him. she tries to soothe that by assuring herself that there'd been a lot on her mind and her first priority had been assuring that she had someplace safe to give birth in first.

drageda, though it broke her heart, had not been that safe place. it had stopped being safe when verx had came back with a mangled throat, on the cusp of death and nothing had been done. with heda dead their strength had gone with her and blodreina hadn't felt the same sense of invincibility without her. it's ok aure, she speaks as she arrives on the scene, her gaze then moving from the pale slyph to the scarred father of her children. imrathil, she breathes his name, and feels her own swell of embarrassment as she grows increasingly aware of the fact that she wears her pregnancy. it is as she says, with the death of heda, drageda lost it's strength and the threat of our neighbors became too pressing. i did what i had to. regardless of what anyone thought of her for it. wanlida would never apologize for putting the life of her children before anything else.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you're my guard, my guide, you're my life i confide in - by RIP Blodreina - April 18, 2019, 03:55 AM