Emberwood She said I'm coming over again, it's spinning in circles and I don't know how it ends
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
It seems her question has struck a nerve - if the way the woman turns back, head leveling incredulously and retort sharp with offense, is to be taken at face value. A glimmer of confusion sparks in her woodland orbs - both in regards to the woman's response and the thought that perhaps her nose was mistaken - but it dims as quickly as it comes. 

Liri settles for raising her eyebrows in surprise, wondering how a simple inquiry could spark such fire, continuing nonetheless.

"Kavik," the northron clarifies, soft tones steady as if unperturbed and curiosity shining in her gaze as she awaits anger warily. "You smell as strongly of him as his new wife did," she elaborates further. 

"I didn't stick around to see the pups, of course," pale shoulders shrug at the obviousness of this decision though her mind wanders to the dark and broken girl she offered a weasel and well wishes to - despite her pain at coming face to face with her replacement. 

Be good to her, Kavik. She might have warned if she'd been able. She is too young, too kind for such sorrow.

"Liri," she offers, wondering if this might enlighten the red lady though she doubts it. "He probably doesn't speak of me." 

The words leave her lips as matter of factly as the rest, a strange smile of awkwardness offered alongside. 

It's neater that way, the healer supposes, to deny betrayal and bury mistakes never to be spoken of again. Better too, for the children. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."