Emberwood She said I'm coming over again, it's spinning in circles and I don't know how it ends
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
As the woman turned, introducing herself, Liri dipped her head in welcome - sensing now that the edge to Rosalie's words was the cause of confusion, not anger. 

"I'm not surprised," a strange, wry smile graced her features - that of a creature who has become used to abandonment. 

"I am Liri Blackfoot. Once, not so long ago, I was Liri Tonrar." 

"I was his wife. His co-Alpha upon the Plateau but then, I don't guess he mentioned that either." 
She smiles again, ever so slightly, as dark eyes flit to the trees in memory. 

"I met Kavik after returning to Teekon. I had left a year before after the death of my infant son. He was..kind. A good person. I loved him before I even knew him." She cannot deny the connection they had, even now with the realization that he was not all he appeared to be. 

"We were hunting when the thunderstorm came and we found ourselves lost. Somehow, we managed to gather other lone wolves and they became our family." A genuine smile of pure happiness, if not tinted with sadness, as she thought of her wolves - her kin. 

"But as autumn neared, I contracted greencough from treating an ill packmate. Two moons later, I stumbled out of the caves to find my pack gone - Kavik having fled with them."

"I scented him on the borders of Swiftcurrent Creek once I made it over the mountains but...he had gotten Alessia pregnant so I moved on, fled to the wilderness." 
The healer can find no emotion to muster as she nears the fateful end of their marriage - eyes distant as they linger upon the forest. 

The tale comes spilling out regardless of whether Rosalie wanted to know, regardless of whether Kavik wanted her to know. Liri could build no dam to ebb the flow and some part of her reckons that the slim, red lady deserves the truth. 

"I met her once, shortly after finding out about it. She seemed...so forlorn," the former Tonrar murmurs almost to herself, a furrow forming between her eyes. 

Her gaze returned to Rosalie curiously. "Are the children healthy? Happy? Forgive my asking, you need not answer if it makes you uncomfortable to speak of them." 

This woman is their mother as well, she has come to realize - the smell of younglings and mother's milk cloying her natural scent - and is loathe to push the boundaries of maternal protection yet she had worried over the fate of Kavik's pups, pups that might have once been hers. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."