Emberwood She said I'm coming over again, it's spinning in circles and I don't know how it ends
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
A breathe of relief; a weight lifts off her slim shoulders, one she had been unaware of with all that was on her plate. It was not her place to be concerned over the fate of Kavik's children but the healer could not withhold her anxities - not after her brief encounter with the heavily pregnant Alessia, not after absorbing the grief that plagued their entangled triangle. It had seemed an abysmal future at best but the fae can rest easy at night, knowing Rosalie had mended the relationship between Kavik and his new wife and cared for his pups as well as any mother. 

"Thank you," she whispered, uncertain if she was expressing her gratitude for the knowledge Rosalie has given her or the apologies offered. 

Some part of her doubts if any wolf could know the extent of her pain.

A child she had been when the tribe and her father fell, when Leto first fled and Ameta was killed by the bear, when she was tricked by Remo into an abusive household. A yearling when she reached Teekon, she had known peace for only a few months before Leto returned and the locusts befell the Wilds. A famine and loss followed, the demise of Rosings, a horrendous rape and being tortured for her attempts to warn those nearby of her attacker. 

She had recovered briefly only to accidentally find herself pregnant, to be tortured again and lose her children. A year spent alone, trying to piece together all that remained of her being. A return to Teekon was met with hope and the prospective of a happily ever after with Kavik - only for that to all be ripped away by his lack of morals. 

By all rights, she should be dead at her own hands or lost in the throes of insanity. She had been, for a time, and even now on bad days she awakens feeling disconnected - unable to process or feel anything as she drifts through life in a third person haze. 

It's on these days that Liri seeks @Vangard and the warmth of his touch, which inspires none of the doubt that Kavik's had wrought time and time again. 

Perhaps Odin had been watching all along and it was a blessing in disguise. If not for Kavik's betrayal, she would not have met the Nord. 

"I think...maybe it was a good thing. It wasn't the first time he...hurt me in such a manner. There was a conflict involving him and our former Beta but I don't think I should get into that," the first is hesitant, the last weary as she rolls her eyes slightly. She'd said enough about the Tonrar and his wayward mannerisms. 

"But I think that perhaps I have found something, or rather someone, better and I think Kavik has too." She smiled gently, genuine in her hopes of happiness for the blended family Kavik had built.

tagging for reference/visibility
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."