Lost Creek Hollow going to kansas
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
All Welcome 

whatever had gone down with queenie had delayed his trip, but ariel eventually makes his way to lost creek hollow, thankful it is not too far away from elysium. how does she always manage to reappear at exactly the right moment to release chaos back into his peaceful little life? well--but it's a different situation now. he'll figure it out later, depending on how that thread ends up going.

gently he lays down his bundle and calls for @Rannoch -- or whoever is around, really, his voice friendly. it is nice to be coming with gifts instead of bad news for once, and despite whatever went down with seabreeze, he still thinks fondly of the lost hollow wolves and their original alliance with tindómë. he hopes they can catch up a little bit too.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Note: Sorry for the wait!
The voice that summoned Rannoch was one which he had not heard in some time but quickly recognized. Coincidently, he was patrolling, and not too far from where Delight was.  Redirecting himself, and picking up his pace in the process, Rannoch hobbled purposefully towards the man he considered a friend. 

"Delight! What a surprise!" he greeted as he stopped in front of the brunette-furred man, his expression bright. "It's good to see you! How are you?" The parcel at Delight's paws did not go unnoticed, and Rannoch couldn't help but wonder what was inside.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
no worries!

rannoch arrives, quelling the slight swell of anxiety in his belly, for now. ariel grins and ducks his head. he doesn't bother to correct the man on his name--he doesn't see him often enough that it matters--and explaining the situation just feels.. complicated and tense. instead he'd rather do what he's here to do.

"it's good to see you too," he agrees, "i come with a gift from elysium." bending slightly, ariel picks up the bundle and lays it at rannoch's paws, opening it so that the carefully stowed herbs inside are visible. "we thought it'd be a nice idea to bring some gifts for the expectant, or new, mothers in each pack." he explains briefly what the herbs are like olive explained to him, and sits back, speaking a touch shyly. "i hope everything has been good here--it's been a long time.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch was appreciative of Eslyium's offering—he only wished that he had something as beneficial to offer in return. "That is very kind of you all," he replied, his eyes returning to the parcel once more, "Lost Creek Hollow appreciates it—we have a few mothers this season." He would give the herbs to Gannet, who would be responsible for diving up the portions between Liffey, Treason, and Mona. 

"Everything has been great," he replied then, returning his gaze to Delight. "We've been blessed with many children—my newest were born not too long ago." Rannoch smiled fondly, as he briefly thought of Aengus, Tiarnach, Eshe, and Sionnach. "How about you and Esylium? Everything good with you all?" He hoped that they'd been as blessed as Lost Creek Hollow had. 

Then, he shook his head as he realized that their conversation could be held elsewhere. "Would you like to come in? We have food to spare, and plenty of water—you've traveled far."
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

pleased that rannoch seems happy with the gift, ariel smiles and hums before answering his returned question. "things are good," he says, though the image of queenie, rail thin, pushing him away, bubbles to the surface of his thoughts. it strikes him, in this moment, as a poor omen, with olive's litter nearly here--his wife's superstitious nature has certainly encouraged his own--but whatever comes, they can tackle it together. running his tongue against his lips, he puts it out of his mind, and says "olive is expecting our litter soon, and lily and khali's came recently, as well. all healthy, all happy." 

rannoch's offer is generous, though ariel hesitates for a moment, thinking of olive due soon--but the hollow isn't so far he won't be back soon, and in any case, his bones could use a rest. "oh, that's kind," he murmurs, "thank you--yes, i could use a short rest, i think." as he moves to walk with rannoch, a thought strikes him, and he says, "ibis came to stay with you a little bit ago, right? how is she? i'd love to bring seabreeze news of her."
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch broadly smiled as Ariel shared Eslyium's tidings; he was thrilled to learn that the sanctuary was thriving. "That's wonderful news!" Rannoch replied, his voice bright, "Congratulations, Delight! And please, relay the Hollow's well-wishes to Olive, Lily, and Khail as well. I am so happy to hear that Elysium is thriving." 

Rannoch turned from Ariel, leading him away from the borders. "Take all the time you need," he offered, his excitement subduing. "The nearest cache isn't far away—about ten minutes away," realistically fifteen, given the hitch in the Leader's gait, "And there are some sun-lit areas near there that are perfect for a nap." 

In regards to Ibis, he nodded in reply. "She's doing great, as far as I know. I haven't gotten the chance to speak to her as often as I would like, but I know that she has taken an interest to all of the children here," he thought briefly to the time where she met his youngest. "And she has quite the lovely voice, too, from what I've heard—must have gotten that from Seabreeze." Rannoch chuckled.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

he smiles, nodding to accept rannoch's congratulations, and follows him. a quick rest sounds lovely and then he'll be back to his heavily pregnant wife's side (unaware, as he is, that olive is more or less giving birth as he speaks). 

"that's nice to hear," ariel says in regards to ibis; it doesn't surprise him. elysium tends to attract and imprint care work, and those who enjoy care work, more than it does those who have physical pursuits like fighting. (something queenie was not thrilled with, he thinks with a guilty twinge). he lapses into a comfortable silence as they walk - he'll relay more to rannoch if he asks, but otherwise is content for the companionship and the respite, before he makes his way back home with a quick farewell to his host.