Fairspell Meadow a few hairs raise on the back of my hand
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
so sorry about the wait! school has been a pain, still open for anyone else to hop into!

huh she hadn't expected a loner to be the first to answer her call, in fact she hadn't forseen a loner approaching at all but then again she was in neutral lands so why shouldn't they? especially since her call had been in no way specific under narrow minded assumptions that her pack were the only ones around, sometimes it was easy to forget the unbound wolves still roamed just as she had not an awfully long time ago. dark eyes soundlessly track the equally dark coloured man as he approaches. she's surprised when her mind's first reaction is to acknowledge that he's...nice looking, something about the whole causal confidence had an attraction to it and whilst it seemed a natural reaction for most- it was rare for such things to matter to the pale soldier at all and so she was left unsure as to whether amusement or confusion was the right response to her own thoughts.

nevertheless the sloe eyed woman remains mute until he stands right by her- features as blank as ever as she simply waits. eventually he speaks and there's no threat to his tone, not that that meant he couldn't lie but sure she felt confident in her ability to protect herself if needs be and so she simply nods at his enquiry. if she hadn't wanted non pack wolves to join then she shouldn't have announced here- he had as many rights to those deer as her and two would work better than one. she locks onto his gaze unwaveringly as tones both soft and edged with ice slipped from creamy jaws; "i didn't pay too close attention but there was a doe lagging a bit that could be worth inspecting" her head tilts to the side in a small bird like manner after her suggestion is posed. his complexion, purple hued eyes and night coloured fur reminded her a bit of ramsay actually but she holds her tongue on the subject, it was easy for wolves to have similar or even identical pelt and eye colours of course. "malcanthet" she repeats, rolling the unique name off of her tongue. "well nice to meet you i'm tundra" a brief moment passes where she pauses before then offering up; "from blackfeather woods" she doesn't have time to notice if the pack stirs any reaction from him before another approaches- this time coming from her home.

the earthen toned girl draws to a stop but says nothing, simply watching. not that it seems odd to tundra who never relied as heavily on words as most but nevertheless she offers up a greeting to the girl, she hadn't seen her before so she must be relatively new. "hey, here to hunt?" her long tail only has time to swish to her side before another approaches, this time tundra could put a name to a face as istoira greeted her and dipped her head in response. well that seemed to be it for now anyway. "to be honest hunting is not my strongest, well let's say passion so don't expect anything flawless" she remarks dryly, "but i know as much as any wolf with a good set of instincts does and the fact i'm alive right now goes to show i know enough to have kept myself fed" with that she simply turns and slips back the way she came with a phanthom like grace, expecting her little party to follow. 

once at a close enough distance to the herd to observe without worrying them she leans lower into the long grasses and whispers to whoever followed; "i believe that doe at the back seems to have a limp, anyone have any suggestions they want to put forward as to how we go about this?" her gaze slips from wolf to wolf, lingering on the dark man a moment longer- both due to interest and of course lingering distrust that would remain until he proved himself otherwise. she was happy to share the leadership of the hunt, the only thing she'd ever led were fights so this was her first time doing something like this and she didn't mind it being a complete group effort.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
a few hairs raise on the back of my hand - by Tundra - April 26, 2019, 04:42 PM
RE: a few hairs raise on the back of my hand - by Tundra - May 17, 2019, 04:19 PM