Stone Circle just gonna stand there and watch me cry
120 Posts
Ooc —
*chucks* pls excuse the phone post 

marten was many things, and there were many things that he was not. 

he’d grown up knowing the hardships his mother and aunt had faced, maybe not directly, but he understood that there was something missing from both women. marten, fiercely loyal to indra and whoever she chose to identify with - most consistently laurel - had never seen these hardships. he knew that indra was not his birth mother. he knew his real family was a little... broken. he understood that although xan has been a good father a majority of the time, he may not have been a good man. the concept was not strange to marten. good wolves could make bad decisions. and bad wolves could make good ones. xan was one of the two, and marten never cared to identify wish... solely because he was not indra, and so it didn’t matter. they had left. it did not matter anymore. 

he understood the hardships. understood his life was not, by dictionary definition, perfect. and he was okay with that. marten was optimistic to most degrees, his remaining facets deeply rooted in logic and realism. marten was good at holding a positive attitude even when things were tough, but he was not as naive as, in his opinion, laurel was... to search for lost children was still a lost cause. even now, after finding lucas, he’d just left again. 

marten has said it before - some wolves just choose to leave. lucas chose, and he chose again. nevermind who he was leaving behind. marten would never be that wolf, he swore by it. 

so maybe he was a little blunt, a little smart for a wolf with so few years under his belt. but he always meant well. and he’d do whatever he needed to for indra and the rest of their family. which, right now, was just laurel. and however many children she carried with her.

marten sought her out. if anything just to check on her. 

he spotted her by the circle of stones, ears pricking with curiosity as he approached them both. he chuffed from a distance, tail waving gently. hey aunt laurel, he said as he approached, offering her a nudge to the shoulder.
Messages In This Thread
just gonna stand there and watch me cry - by Laurel - May 14, 2019, 05:20 PM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me cry - by Marten - May 15, 2019, 06:31 AM