Northstar Vale "For the night is dark and full of terrors."
105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin walked alongside her, a brief silence ensuing before she spoke. He nodded to her initial statements, filling away the information from Ruenna that she provided. He would need to speak to former Diasporan later, get a firsthand account of what she knew of the pack. That could wait for now though.

"Makes sense," he said briefly in response to her speculation on Diaspora's timetable. "Although, perhaps we could turn that against them. We can prepare, gather members, be ready for when they come. Could work in negotiations too."

He nodded in agreement to all of her suggestions. They were solid, simple tasks that could help the pack prepare. There was however, other tasks which could increase the pack's readiness. "We'll need to make sure the mountain trails leading into the valley are secure. When Diaspora comes they'll most likely use them, and defending the trails will be much easier than the whole of the valley. We can create obstructions of some sort, slow down any attack and make it easier to defend." He glanced through the trees at the mountains above. They would be their main defense, and Sorin knew such defenses had to be fully taken advantage of.

"It would also be good idea to find a trail that allows us to quickly escape. This valley may have natural defences, but it could also be a death trap. We'll need an escape route if it comes to that." The shadow's eyes clouded over momentarily at the thought of once again being forced from his home, or worse.

"Give me a few days, and hopefully I'll come up with a few more ideas to share with you all."

He glanced away briefly, thinking deeply before turning his gaze back towards Liri. "Will there be any
negotiations with Stigmata?"
he asked in a soft tone. He had seen enough of war, and while he was prepared to defend the Vale to the end, he wanted to explore all other options first. Furthermore, he had a few ideas on how to negotiate favorable terms. The odds were slim, and he knew Stigmata might flat out refuse, but it was worth the risk in Sorin's eyes.

"Of course I'll help you Liri," he said solemnly, stretching his head to brush against her shoulder. "Don't think for a second that you have to do this alone." His gaze once again clouded with pain as she admitted to not knowing war. He had known it, had been exposed to it far too young. And despite having Viggo by his side for most of it, the shock had still gotten to him, at least initially. "I hate to have be the one to educate you in it." he whispered. War was a terrible thing, something that should not be pursued unless no other options were available.

But if war was coming, he would be ready. His eyes seemed to flare up as he made the decision to aid however he could. He would not discount diplomacy yet, but he would not be weak and break under the pressure. If Diaspora wanted the Vale, they would find Nauthiz ready and waiting. He would be sure of it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: "For the night is dark and full of terrors." - by Sorin - May 16, 2019, 10:58 PM