Golden Glade i wanna be the one to walk in the sun
153 Posts
Ooc — Java
Away
All Welcome 
Figured he should visit and meet the neighbors!

A few hours of hiking and he'd reached the limit of his stamina, although Dingo would never admit to such a feat if any women were within earshot, and he emerged from the trailing edge of the cedarwood to a smaller glade; the earth smelled damp, and the area was dominated by all manner of strange green things. Mostly grasses, but also a few trees that didn't grow within the hideaway that had become home. Their boughs were loosely draped across neighboring trees — drifting tendrils mostly, shimmering beneath the infernal sun. It had been a particularly bright day and Dingo had regretted doing his patrol at all; but as he ducked between some trees, the sun was suddenly absent (the clouds sweeping in with a mighty gust), and he breathed a sigh.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
*snags this up!* If this seems weird or a little disjointed, I've had this reply screen up for about 4 hours but kept getting distracted and coming back to it lol.

In the final stages of her pregnancy, patrolling was not high on Raven's list of priorities. Most of her focus had gone toward finding a new den for her upcoming birth, and with that now done, she could breathe a sigh of relief and relax somewhat. Not that being the size of an actual planet made for very comfortable relaxation. If anything, she found that staying on the move was more comfortable. That was what she was doing today -- moving. Patrolling. Or, perhaps more accurately, wandering near the boundaries of her territory, enjoying the shade provided by the brilliant maple canopy over her head. She generally loved hot weather, but at this size, heat was not fun.

An unfamiliar scent caught her attention after some time, and tracking it led her to -- surprise -- another wolf she didn't know. This was becoming an unremarkable phenomenon to her now, as she and the rest of her co-leaders had encountered quite a few unsuspecting strangers in the time since their pack had settled here. "Hello," she greeted him, detecting the faintest whiff of what she thought might be Towhee's scent mingled with his. Could this be a recruit to her siblings' fledgling pack? On the off chance he was, she kept her demeanor politely neutral and gave a friendly wave of her tail, allowing him to make his own introduction in lieu of the usual demands she made of wayward wanderers on her doorstep.
153 Posts
Ooc — Java
Away
Hello, called a friendly voice from over his shoulder, and as he turned against the grey light Dingo caught sight of a large black figure. At first he thought he had been found-out by some heavy-weight warrior and his buttcheeks clenched. The clouds drifted further, his eyes adjusted, and his brain connected to the fact it had been a feminine voice - at which point Dingo thought, the fuck, because, she looks like my mom.

Cue confusion, because the second thought to zoom through his thick skull was, she's really hot for a pregnant lady! Family resemblance aside, there was nothing for Dingo to make the mental leap that this was his sister's kid all grown up, because Dingo had been too young when Fox had taken her leave. Whatever. His thoughts were a dizzying mess. He smiled back as warmly as he could and as his eyes became happy crescents, and he decided it would be best to introduce himself.

Hello there! Nice day for a stroll, eh? I'm Dingo, I live next door, mmn, with Towhee? And Phox, and the little ones. Who're you? Damn though, if she wasn't clearly being porked by someone else — Dingo might've taken a shot for himself.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Sorry for the long-ass wait on this reply! I've been out of town for the past week and a half. I see that you're taking an extended break from the game, so I'll slap a quick conclusion on here so it's not one more open thread hanging around on your threadlog when you come back. I'd love to have another one with you if/when you decide to bring Dingo off PPC! It'd be fun to explore their familial relationship some, or come up with wrenches WHO KNOWS XD

The stranger was friendly enough in his response, which confirmed that he was indeed one of Towhee and Phox's new recruits. This put her at ease, and she allowed herself to relax a bit. Unaware of his thoughts regarding her subtle resemblance to his family, Raven had similar thoughts of her own. Damn, he kinda looks like Mom, she thought, completely and entirely unaware of his relation to Fox and failing to pick up the rather obvious connection between their two names.

"I'm Raven Redhawk, one of the alphas of the pack that lives here," she answered, gesturing at the woods around her as she spoke. "Phox and Towhee are my brother and sister, actually. You've got a great pair of leaders."

The ice effectively broken between them, they sat and chatted for a time. Raven found Dingo to be an interesting and comical wolf, if a bit full of himself. He was an easy guy to talk to, and as they said goodbye and parted ways, she found herself grinning and thinking he'd fit right in with Towhee and Phox. She was glad she'd gotten an opportunity to get to know one of her siblings' followers, and hoped she'd have a chance to meet more in the weeks to come.