Coconut Grove know i run the streets, boy
Private  July 13, 2019, 09:48 AM
Tristan
Lone Wolves

hoping for a @Bat thread <3

tristan and bat had stayed relatively close to the coastline the previous days (weeks?)... but something still drew them back to this territory. he wasn't sure what it was about it, but it felt really comfortable... familiar, and like he could just lay around and soak in the sun all day. that was nice, ya know, after traveling for so long? tristan really appreciated a little bit of r&r.ย 

today, they meandered along it, occasionally tristan would swerve to ram her into the tide but she was much nimbler than him... it had ended twice now with him missing her entirely and tumbling into the lapping shore himself. rats. but he was unbothered, standing, shaking off onto her, and trotting back up to walk alongside her. it was here, now, that tristan froze, holding a paw up to her chest to stop her. look, he said in a hushed tone, motioning with his nose towards a big, thicc daddy c r a b off in the distance, scuttling around by a boulder.
July 13, 2019, 11:21 AM
Bat
Lone Wolves

In between casual dodges, Bat was attempting to inform Tristan of her findings after a day's solo wanderings. "There's definitely that pack forming at the plateau, then I'm pretty sure I smelled scent markers around the bay on the other side of the burnt woods... but it was a little hard to tell and I didn't linger long," she was saying as she sidestepped another lunge. "I didn't feel particularly compelled by anything I found, to be honโ€”"

"Look," Tristan said in a hushed tone and per their conversation, Bat expected to clap eyes on a wolf (or maybe a pack of them) straggling along the shore. Instead, she saw what looked a lot like a gigantic cockroach scuttling along the beach. The sight of it instinctively repulsed her, causing the damp fur along her spine to prickle. When it moved behind the boulder and out of sight, she felt immeasurable relief.

"The fuck was that?" Bat asked, equally sotto voce for reasons unknown.
July 13, 2019, 11:29 AM
Tristan
Lone Wolves

oh whatever bat was saying they could go back to later -- tristan did feel a little bad cutting her off, but this was WAY MORE IMPORTANT.

a c r a b!!! whisper-yelled tristan, his tail beginning to wave furiously behind him, and i'm aboutaย show you what good eatin' is. and with that, tristan took off from her side, down the shoreline a few meters away around the boulderย and slammed a paw onto the flat crustacean. they weren't challenging opponents in tristan's mind. minor god play? idc. crab.

it wriggled (kind of) beneath his paw, and he turned to look back at bat with a shit eating grin, all the while increasing pressure on the beast. slowly, it's shell began to crack and it became less wiggly, until eventually it's watery insides were spilling around and it's shell was shattered in the middle like a spideweb. only then did tristan let it go. he glanced over the rock at bat, tail still wagging.

you ready for this? it's a god damn TREAT, bat -- no mans ever spoiled you like this before i'll tell you what.
July 13, 2019, 04:30 PM
Bat
Lone Wolves

He identified the creature as one of the mystic crabs he'd been raving about and then mentioned the plan was to eat it. Bat's nose wrinkled immediately. "Oh hell nโ€”" she began to say when he cut her off again by darting after the runaway crab.

She made no move to follow him. From her spot safely far away from Tristan's repulsive prey, Bat watched him pummel it to death. She heard the distinct crunch of its shell and pulled another face. How could he consider any of that appetizing?

Still motionless, Bat shook her head, sending her huge ears flapping. "No thanks, it's all yours." She paused and then asked, "Are you really gonna eat that? It looks like a giant crunchy spider!" She made a noise of disgust low in her throat.