Whitefish River And you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She listened quietly and without judgement as Aurëwen spoke, gaze soft and understanding. The other mother seemed riddled with guilt and self-loathing, and it pained the healer to think that she lived with that weight every day. She also knew what it was like to feel that way and understood the toll it took. She, too, had reasons to hate herself, and she had no one to blame but herself. But, Aurëwen didn't deserve to feel that way, especially not for the actions of someone else.

She slowly moved closer, and gently touched her nose to the other woman's shoulder if allowed. Her touch was meant to comfort. From what I can see, you're here for them now, and it's obvious that you love them. You shouldn't keep beating yourself up for your past mistakes. Motherhood is difficult, and no one is perfect. Speedy smiled warmly at her. As for plants, you know how important I think they are, and I think you should be proud of yourself for learning to how to heal others. She touched her shoulder again if allowed and added: I am certainly grateful for your help. It was a genuine sentiment, and she felt Aurëwen needed to hear it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone - by Speedy - August 27, 2019, 09:28 PM