Blackfeather Woods And I'll keep it safe
you are an artist and your heart is your masterpiece
46 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
BWP death lottery got 'im. Tags for reference: @Maegi @Sakhmet @Sobek. RIP Anansi. :(

Anansi was too close to the willow again.

That was something of a ritual for him: he would hang around on the fringes of the clearing, watching the tree. Lingering in its vicinity with no ill effects would cause him to grow more confident, which in turn made him less mindful of the tree's toxicity. He would wander closer then, testing the boundaries of illness, attempting to draw a specific border around where the tree affected him and where it did not. This was done on a daily basis. The older he got, and the greater his exposure, the closer he could get without suffering hallucinations or sickness.

He'd drawn too close again and was staggering through the woods, vision swimming, when the ground shook violently. Anansi was thrown forward, which to him seemed to be a great distance. If his mind wasn't so muddled, maybe he would have marked the creaking of the trunks sooner. Maybe he would be steady enough to pull himself up and out of the way in time. He struggled drunkenly to his feet, and by then it was too late; a proud oak was already looming over him, its roots severed by the force of the quake. He couldn't have escaped even if he did see it.

It fell on Anansi with a heavy thud, and his scream was a sudden burst of sound as it crushed him, snuffing out the life of another Blackfeather Woods wolf. The only part of him visible beneath the fallen trunk as it settled on his body with a groan was his ink-dipped tail, unmistakable to those who knew him best.
Thread titles from I'll Keep You Safe by Sleeping At Last.
Messages In This Thread
And I'll keep it safe - by Anansi - October 07, 2019, 06:35 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Maegi - October 07, 2019, 09:03 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by RIP Sobek - October 07, 2019, 10:18 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Sakhmet - October 07, 2019, 11:09 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Maegi - October 08, 2019, 10:30 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by RIP Sobek - October 08, 2019, 12:20 PM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Maegi - October 14, 2019, 12:04 PM