Lone Star Mountain Neon gravestones try to call for my bones
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
I'm going to leave this open for one more week <3

Kavik ran to Lainie when she called out to him. Are you okay? he asked worriedly. Are you able to move? He glanced back to the wall of rock and debris, fighting to swallow the bile rising in his throat. The rest of the family hadn't been that far behind him. Suddenly, he was hit with the suffocating weight of his realization: they must all be buried beneath the the rocks. 

Stay here, he told Lainie before bolting back over to the wall. He listened intently, praying to hear anything but there was nothing. He called out the names of his family, but there was no response. No, he cried out, the sound dying into a soft sob. He hung his head. This was his fault; he made them all leave, he decided to travel through the mountains knowing how dangerous they were, he had led them all to their death when they had all trusted him to lead them to safety. He squeezed his eyes shut, breaths moving in and out of his lungs quickly and he vied for control of himself. The grief and guilt was devastating, though, and for a few moments, he thought he might collapse to the ground beneath it. He wished he was under the pile of rocks instead of his mates and children and he silently begged whomever was listening to switch places with them. He could die here today, but they didn't deserve this. He stood, silently frozen in his despair and failure until the sound of coyotes in the distance made him snap his head up. He realized the sun was almost fully set, and he turned to Lainie. We have to go, he said painfully. It's getting dark and we're not safe here out in the open. He turned and ensured she was following closely as he began to walk. He felt like he was leaving half of his soul lying cold and dead under the snowy debris and it killed some part of him deep inside, but he couldn't let anything happen to his one remaining child. He had to at least keep her safe.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
Neon gravestones try to call for my bones - by RIP Kavik - October 21, 2019, 06:13 PM
RE: Neon gravestones try to call for my bones - by Lainie - October 29, 2019, 06:11 PM
RE: Neon gravestones try to call for my bones - by RIP Kavik - November 08, 2019, 05:35 PM
RE: Neon gravestones try to call for my bones - by Lainie - November 08, 2019, 06:09 PM