Hoshor Plains And admit that the waters around you have grown
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Worry spiked in the healer; she couldn't put any weight on the injured leg. That along with the considerable swelling led Speedy to conclude that it was most likely broken. Broken bones were tricky; the pain was hard to manage and they took a long time to heal. But she was hungry, which was a good thing, and she didn't seem to show any signs of infection yet, which meant the healer could hopefully deter that. The worry in the Constable's words squeezed her heart. Sleeping is good, she started, picking up the willow bark and setting it in front of Ira. Here, eat this; it will help some with the pain. I have something stronger, but I'm afraid Dragomir used up most of my supply, so we'll have to be sparing with it. And I'll bring you something to eat as soon as I'm done treating your wounds, she continued. You need to eat as much as possible; you'll only slow the healing process if you don't. 

The leader wanted to know how bad her condition was, and Speedy glanced at her leg, her mouth tightening a little in worry. She debated briefly with whether or not to tell her the whole truth but decided against keeping anything from her; she seemed like someone who would appreciate her telling it like it is. Your leg is probably broken, she started. I won't lie to you; it's a hard injury to heal from, but it is doable. It will take time and you must do as I tell you. Any deviation from her instructions could set everything back. And even healed, there is a high possibility that your leg will never be the same. But I can hopefully get it back to functional. She sighed. Whatever has affected the prey and caused the land to shake has also affected the plants. My supplies are low, but I can make do with what I have. As long as no one else got seriously injured over the winter. She tried not to think about how highly unlikely that was and focused on the task at hand instead. You need to rest and eat and please try not to worry so much. I'll do my best to help out wherever I can. She was spreading herself thin, she knew, but she had no choice. 

Most of your other injuries are just superficial, but I am going to apply a poultice to the deeper wounds so they don't get infected. Normally, I would clean and redress them every day, but I don't have enough plants for that. So, we'll do it every three days and just keep an eye on them. She picked up the flowers and began to chew them. She glanced to the Constable, seeking permission to apply the mashed plants to her wounds. Assuming she was granted what she asked, she got to work on the lacerations, applying the poultice to the ones that needed it the most. She hated having to work under such restrictions, but there wasn't anything she could do about it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And admit that the waters around you have grown - by Ira - November 05, 2019, 04:19 PM
RE: And admit that the waters around you have grown - by Speedy - November 07, 2019, 03:20 PM
RE: And admit that the waters around you have grown - by Ira - November 11, 2019, 02:39 PM
RE: And admit that the waters around you have grown - by Ira - November 29, 2019, 03:05 AM
RE: And admit that the waters around you have grown - by Ira - December 12, 2019, 07:39 PM