Herbalists' Cache Tomorrow, I'll switch the beat to avoid yesterday's dance
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
sorry for the hold up

Had he known how much his daughter actually picked up on, he might have tried even harder to hide it from her. But he still saw her as a preoccupied child, something that would undoubtedly come back to bite him one of these days. When she settled down next to him, he encircled her protectively as best he could. She was not as small as she used to be—a thought he preferred to push to the back of his mind; he didn't like to think about her growing up. He settled his head on his paws with a sigh, glancing over to her when she suggested that they hunt and that he should eat. I do eat, he lied with a shrug. It wasn't completely a lie, though; he did eat, just not as much as she did. But that's how it should be. He wouldn't let his daughter go hungry just to feed himself. As for the hunting, he wasn't sure they would have much luck. And hunting together sounds good, he offered instead of his worries. They may not find much to hunt, but he was grateful that she was even here to hunt with him at all. 

The scent of a stranger hit him at the same instant he registered her words and sudden (to him) presence in their temporary camp. He jumped to his feet and stood in front of Lainie protectively, a growl rumbling from his chest before he could get control of himself. He had been so on edge lately that he just assumed anything out of the ordinary was a threat to them. He let his suffocating fear of losing his daughter rule the majority of his actions, and right now all he could see was a stranger that was too close. But her words hadn't been aggressive. Do you need help? His rational thinking slowly came back, and some of the tension left his posture, although he still remained suspicious and aware; he couldn't take any chances when trying to keep Lainie safe. A stern glance her way warned her to stay close, and then he fixed the stranger with his attention once more. We don't want any trouble, he answered, still unsure whether or not he could trust this woman. Times were tough, and desperate wolves might be inclined to use their time of need as an opportunity to take advantage. My daughter and I are just looking for a place to rest for a while. He shifted closer to Lainie, wherever she was now, his posture still defensive. Until he could be sure this woman meant no harm, he wouldn't be able to relax any further.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread