Herbalists' Cache Tomorrow, I'll switch the beat to avoid yesterday's dance
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He felt Lainie shift away but was focused on Ibis as she spoke. A quick glance showed she was still near, though, so he refocused his attention on the woman as she spoke. But the statement from his daughter, the declaration that she wasn't that young had him turning to her again. Of course not, he agreed. That's not how I meant it. He turned back to Ibis as she began to speak again, relief rushing though his veins as she offered them a place to stay. 

Lainie was speaking again, offering a list of her skills before moving close to nuzzle his shoulder. He returned her affection, running his nose through the dark hair atop her head. He wondered when she became interested in singing, deciding he would ask her about it later. She thanked him and promised not to wander off again, which he was thankful for, but he didn't really expect her to have to keep that promise; she was young and curious, and he knew she would want to explore. He would deal with that as it came, though. 

He turned looked back to Ibis. I really appreciate your offer, he said, gratitude softening his expression further. I'll repay you anyway I can, he reiterated, wanting her to understand that he wouldn't be mooching of her kindness. He was capable and skilled, so he would help out wherever he was needed. Lead the way, he said, dipping his head once more and taking a few steps towards her in preparation to follow.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread