Emberwood my father wasn't around; i swear that i'll be around for you
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 
TAGS: @Ibis
WEATHER: Emberwood, light sleet, 33*F, 3mp wind
NOTES: he's been a tad dumb ye? he's gonna spill the tea about easthollow

The boy had never seen Ibis get cross or even a tad upsetted by some occurence. He was elated to find her angry side either. This could ruin her trust in him, or perhaps he was making a big deal out of it. But one thought remained true — this was not going to be easy for him to admit to.

He did not want to howl for her, but he'd have to. The young warlock — whatever that may be — had not been directed to the camp yet, and for some reason had not bothered to seek it. 

He trudged heavily through the forest, only accompanied by oppressing matters.
place holder
[Image: ezgif-7-849c01d20f4e.gif]
common & german 
currently without memories, has a huge head scar of a four pointed star
on left side of head and one lip scar under left eye.

❛i'm an ungodly man, so i'll take the chance.❛
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
IDK how I missed this tag but here I am!!

The rain was colder than normal, and grossly wet, which is saying something. Ibis had never experienced weather like this as far as she could remember—snow was snow, rain was rain, but this was somewhere in the maddening middle of it all. The trees held back some of it but not enough, so Ibis was being pelted with all kinds of nastiness, and she didn't particularly like it.

Then again, the news that two of her beloved friends were in love was deeply warming, and she merely had to think of Bhediya or her betrothed to remember the feeling. The girl roamed the woods and hummed as she went, utterly lost in her little romantic imaginings, at least until she heard Awol call out for her.

Deviating to where he lurked was easy enough, although it was off the beaten path and away from the rest of them. When she saw him she closed the distance swiftly and came up alongside the boy, jostling against him shoulder-to-shoulder. You called? A big smile played across her face unhindered.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"I did, and it's urgent...but please don't condemn me for this," he worried, sharing his scares with her. 

"After leaving the ordinance of Lost Creek Hollow...well, there is this pack, Easthollow, you may know it. Anyways, when I first arrived in the area I was frantic and hurrying to find friends which was proving to be faulty until I met you. I persoanlly held a great grudge against one of the alpha's there for not being accepted. It's confusing I know, but I made an alliance with them witout your permission. And I apologize for that...I just wanted to force it into his face that I could survive without his permission...I was impulsive and this is all so stupid. I can go call it off if you wish," he hurried, his voice breaking at certain parts of his telling.

"I hope that you can still find trust and a friend in me, despite my faults," he finished quietly, bwing down his head in shame. 

Well it was over at least. Whatever she decided to do about him, he wouldn't have to imagine it anymore.
place holder
common & german 

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The woman did not know what to expect from Awol; he was always out doing his duties, roaming, trying his best to become a scout, all of which Ibis was pleased with. He was an energetic sort of fellow from what she could tell, and for all his enthusiasm he took his job seriously. He was a devoted member of the pack—and a good friend too, for which she was thankful. She anticipated good cheer, praise maybe, but not the flurry of words that fell from his lips.

Apologies swarmed at her ears. Explanations—so much information all at once that she was a little bit overwhelmed with the tale. From what she gathered he had visited Easthollow (cue a great warmth in her heart!) but there had been an issue with one of the leaders (confusion on her face, concern—) and for whatever reason, Awol thought it was wrong to have extended himself in this way? To have offered the wolves of the Emberwood as an ally? Ibis could see nothing wrong with what he had done, which furthered her confusion.

Awol, it's good. It's okay. Her praise was thin but heartfelt, spoken hastily to cut through the torrent of his words. You took the initiative to visit another pack and speak to them. I do wish you would have returned form the Hollow first, but I would've sent you there eventually. I have a little bit of history with them too. Ibis thought of Korei and Ira, both now gone from there—and remembered the awkward meeting she'd had during her last attempt to visit, but chose not to bring this up.

She took a breath, smiled, hoped that her calm energy would distill his own seemingly manic behaviour in to a more manageable entity. If they agreed to an alliance then that is good for us. We could use all the friends we can find—so really, its alright. But could you tell me... What issue you encountered? Which of the leaders did you meet? Her little head tilted, her face no longer filled with confusion or concern but focus, curiosity.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
almost to fifty!

Though he was eternally grateful, Awol could help but seem deturned from Ibis' reply. Surely, she was vexed? He was, for that matter;
worried about nothing. Dear god.

Her face illustrated confusion as he issued his situation with one of the 'riarchs of Easthollow. That was something he could comprehend. Her next inquriy farther encouraged him with his carefully thought out reply, of course.

"Let me see, the alpha female, Valette is what she alleged herself, met me at the border the second time. I don't have any issue with her. It's her mate that had me — hot under the collar," at first he was smooth and careful with his words, but the thought of that man came back to him. His ire brewed once more. 

"His name is Greyback apparently, large bastard, if I have ever seen one. He reminded me of my mother a lot, haughty and quick to screw my confidence. I can't apologize for my thoughts about him," Awol stated firmly first be fore finishing, "but I do express some regret about my language and how I handled my feelings then, my apologies."
place holder
common & german 

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
From the sounds of things he'd made an impression on the leadership, something which Ibis had failed to do on her own trips to Easthollow; she'd been met by subordinates in every instance, so at least in that regard Awol had "one-upped" her. However, there was some contention between the scout and a man named Greyback—and while the person in question was not familiar to Ibis, she listened intently and wondered to herself, why would anyone find issue with Awol? He had never been anything but kind around her. Quick to speak, and a little bit jumpy sometimes, but not particularly reactive or anything. Maybe he was different around Ibis than he was around others? Or the role of scout might've been more difficult for him than she initially thought.

Well, apology accepted, for what it is worth. It sounds as though you made amends with their leadership regardless. And if they are happy to have an alliance between our pack and theirs, then really you did nothing wrong. Ibis hoped that her certainty and her acceptance of the situation would calm Awol. The work was done—he should be proud of himself. To make her point, Ibis affectionately tousled the boy's shoulder fur and smiled.

Are you going to take a break and rest now, or do you have anywhere else on your list that you would like to visit? Bhediya has come home as well—she had been in the next valley—and I know she's eager to go exploring soon. Maybe you two could travel together? It was a suggestion, nothing more. Bhe had voiced a similar sentiment earlier and now Ibis was testing the waters. If you would like a rest for a few days that's perfectly acceptable as well. It is entirely up to you.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
 mood, and he's got fifty! c:

"Well, apology accepted, for what it is worth. It sounds as though you made amends with their leadership regardless. And if they are happy to have an alliance between our pack and theirs, then really you did nothing wrong."

Awol frayed his ears to her response in warmth and thankfulness. The young man had never met a woman as level headed and kind as her. She was pleasantly untouched by the unforgivingness of life it appeared. Her kind words made an effort to soothe his unrest, and it succeeded. 
— for the most part.

He had exchanged some snarky last words with Valette before rudely turning tail on the elder woman. But he chose not to discuss that matter either. His thoughts were thankfully interrupted with a tousle of his shoulder fur. Her presence comforted him and banished his dark thoughts almost instantaneously.

"I'd like to rest for an indefinite period of time, to help organize the pack and such...but afterwards I'd be available."
place holder
common & german 

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
He opted for rest, which was probably for the best. Hitting two packs in one go was a lot of work! He deserved a little vacation for all of his effort. Hearing this, Ibis was happy enough. Good. And when you're feeling up to it, maybe find Bhediya and see how she's feeling. Both of them were such avid scouts and they were a great asset to the pack, but they'd all need their rest. With the onset of winter and the strengthening snowfall it would be best to hide-out for longer periods, not fight against the elements. Ibis made a mental note to venture out on her own one of these days; it would be a nice break from the hustle of the forest, she thought.

As she granted him another few affectionate nudges and nips, a call came through the trees; unhindered by the sleet falling around them, it called for Ibis somewhere deeper in the woods—or that's what it sounded like from the trajectory of the wind. The girl sighs, a sharp cold breath emanating from her, as she looked up to the sky. Seemed like her work was never done. I'll talk to you later Awol. I hope you settle in well. And with that she pulled herself from his side and hastily pranced off.