Noctisardor Bypass i hope you win the lottery and lose your ticket
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
terance had had a migraine all day from his son (you can guess which one) who had asked him roughly five million questions about border patrol. i mean, yeah, terance was pretty stoked his son was excited to be a part of the pack... and contribute... but he didn't even realize there were that many questions to even be asked. he sent the kid over to @Arbiter, who'd have fresh ears to all of pike's questions, and instead took to taking a break. he needed one, too, i'll tell you that much.

terance rested atop a large boulder, paws crossed as he gazed out over their newly claimed territory. it didn't... really feel claimed, and he supposed it wasn't, but he considered it theirs for now. at the kick of a stone through winter snow, his ear flicked backwards, gaze soon following to find...
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
A GAHNAY! Well, perhaps not, as he wasn't trespassing...

The man had allowed his son to trail behind some, hoping @Ashlar would gain some experience hunting on his own, and literally stumbled upon the new borders of the LCH group in the process. He beamed as he stopped, the smile starting slow and then spreading across his face as his tail did a wag. Ashlar would be so excited!

Gannet was as well. He'd promised to return, and while he'd considered turning to Moonspear when he found Terance missing, he was glad he hadn't needed to renege on his word. He'd need to return and thank Valette for her direction, let them know that they'd found them. A job for Ashlar, perhaps?

He lifted his muzzle and howled, a note indicating Ashlar should come to him and that he was here. Hopefully someone would hear and answer!
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance was shocked when he turned to see the pale form of gannet in the distance. he recognized the man on site alone, but his howl confirmed it. and it sounded like he was calling for ashlar, as well. terance stood immediately, his tail waving as he began to close the distance between him and the redhawk. there was no bad blood between them, and terance was plenty excited to see his old friend... perhaps they weren't the closest, but terance would always consider them friends.

gannet!! barked terance when the distance were closed, you found us! it's good to see you again, how are you? the greeting came genuinely and smoothly as he really felt there was much to catch up on!
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Terance came presently, arriving before Ashlar had had the chance to catch up. Gannet cast one last glance about for his son, then assumed he would come when he was able. He turned his attention back to Terance with the same open smile.

I am well, he responded, in a voice as soft as always. Raising Ashlar alongside Mona, and learning the art of healing from her brother Casmir and their pack, had molded Gannet from boy to man in many ways. In some, however, he would never fully change.

You left the hollow. We weren't sure where to find you. There was no question, but Gannet waited to see if the unspoken would be explained. Why had they moved?
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
gannet's response pulled a soft sigh from terance, who's ear flicked backwards gently. there was another apocalypse, he said calmly, as gannet would remember the plagues of misfortune that swept that wilds every year... somehow. earthquakes, bad ones. prey fled and territories flooded, we were competing for too many resources at the hollow so we made the decision to move north, he explained with a wave of his tail. 

then with a gentle dip of his head, he added, you picked a hard time to bring your family back here. it was said with a small smile, but terance felt bad that gannet had come back to an absolute trainwreck version of what once was the might lost creek hollow.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet listened quietly, and his silver eyes studied Terance. He did look tired, but not injured or any worse than he or Ashlar. Moving had likely been for the best, but he remembered the hollow to be rife with small prey. Another shortage?

Finally he gave a soft laugh. No better time than hardship to meet with old friends, he said warmly. Ashlar wanted to come back. Mona is with her brother; he wasn't well. So I came to fulfill our promise. He'd sworn to come back with the fall, and while he was a little late, he was glad to be here. Wherever here was.

I'd like to stay and see him settled, though I'll need to take her word come spring. She'd be curious to know how they were and where, and he missed her if he was honest. He may return then, he may not, but he'd give his services for however long he could be here.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance listened patiently with only the occasional nod and flick of his ears and or tail. when gannet's explanation fell to a close, terance merely grinned and gave a gentle dip of his head. well, i'm glad to see you back. you're both welcome here, and come spring time i hope you hear good news from mona and her brother, he said with a wave of his tail. 

mine and arbiter's kids are a little older now too, shaping up to be... little devils, but with promise. i bet they'd be happy to show ashlar around, too, he added, figuring ashlar would take either the gentle spook, or pike, who likely had some interesting things to introduce him to within the territory.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It was good, then, and they would have a home. Gannet had no doubt that when he returned to Mona, he would have glad tidings to take and to bring back. Whether Ashlar returned with him or not, however, was the boy's choice when that time came.

He will like that. He'd missed his friends in the time they were gone, and that was one of the driving decisions behind their return. Gannet looked back again, twisting an ear, but there was no sign of any approach. I should find him. I'll come when I do. He'd return to introduce Ashlar to Terance and Arbiter again, and together they'd explore their new home.