Stone Circle you've been a smile on my face for about the two past days
do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
75 Posts
Ooc —
Fear might have gripped his heart, but he would not let his worries rule him. His Creator had led him here, and had blessed him with this peculiar family at Easthollow. In his anxities, he reminded himself that he was not forgotten. He was remembered, as all were remembered, by the One who saw every flower that wilted, every sparrow who falls.

His apprentice's voice lifted him from his contemplation, and spooked him enough to warrant a small backward jerk. "Arlette," he said in instinctive response, and Kaito turned to meet her with a small smile. He quickly tracked her eyes to the piles of plant life on the stone. "We're gonna do something a little different today." He explained, rising then, and approaching the make-shift table. "A bit of an exercise in experimentation."

He beckoned Arlette to step closer to the stones, to take in the different plants he had arranged. They were all very long, some sturdier than others, but each one quite flexible, and able to bend. Grasses and reeds. The only sturdy material was a small pile of sticks, and a broken piece of bark which lay at the edge of the rock, coated in sap (some of which still clung to the fur around Kaito's face, which anyone would see even if they didn't look close enough). "I want you to feel each plant, study each plant, tell me the properties you observe in each plant, then guess what we'll try and use them for. One hint, we're not gonna eat them." His calm demeanour hid the string of nerves that boiled inside. No doubt if he tried to remember any of this lesson later, he wouldn't even know what he'd said. "I also only tried this once, so, uh... expect us to fail at least a couple times." His normal, unprofessional side slipped through - a small nervous laugh.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you've been a smile on my face for about the two past days - by Kaito - January 06, 2020, 10:15 PM