Emberwood i'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He watched her outburst, expression unreadable despite the guilt swelling in his chest. He hated that he couldn't move past his his guilt, especially right now when he could plainly see how much it affected Grezig. Her request should be easy enough for him to agree to. It had been easy for him to agree back on the plateau. But he had been a different man then. Hope still shined through his darkness then. Now, he felt like he was always struggling to stay afloat in the middle of a dark, cold void and at any minute, he might lose the fight and just sink into the nothingness; what scared him most about it was that sometimes, he wished it would go ahead and happen because then he might finally find some kind of relief. Returning to the man he was didn't even seem like an obtainable goal anymore, and he often found himself exhausted at just the thought of trying to get back there. He envied her ability to just cast everything she felt aside and just move on. He wondered if he might be able to do the same if he hadn't been responsible for his family's death in the first place. Perhaps if they were just taken from him by something beyond his control, he might find it easier to move on. Perhaps. But probably not. Without his family, there was a large part of him missing, and he wondered how fair it was to try and offer what was left to a new family. 

But when she looked at him, the longing in her expression was more than he could bear. He only wanted her to be happy, and by fathering her children, he could make that happen. He held her gaze as she stepped towards him and then...Please. Kavik closed his eyes and sighed through a clenched jaw. There was no part of him that could deny her what she wanted, regardless of whether or not he thought he could actually rebuild. When he met her gaze again, his expression held only acceptance. "Alright. I can do that for you." His words were quiet but confident. If children were what she wanted from him, then he would give them to her. But before they proceeded with anything: "But, I want to speak with Ibis first, make sure she is okay with us having children." Surely she could understand his request.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear - by RIP Kavik - January 15, 2020, 12:41 AM