Blacktail Deer Plateau A broken oath.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Her full attention was upon the woman, so when the pale man approached there wasn't much of a shift. When he spoke she gave him a brief glance, emotionless, hardly engaging, but it was better treatment than some women might bestow upon those of the lesser gender. Minerva was not so ignorant of the world at this stage in her life to presume she could continue with her traditional values, she had not been on her home island for many moons now; to be antagonistic in a foreign place such as this would only harm her chances to survive, so she would keep the peace.

The man made mention that friends were welcome and just as swiftly, Rosalyn denied they had such a relationship. Minerva did not see any slight in her affirmation - they were aquaintances and nothing more, having met only once in the past. A thin smile appears upon her face and she gives a slight tilt of her head in agreement. Friendship came with time; Minerva had not earned anyone's trust yet.

I was fortunate to have left my home prior to the upheaval, but after seeing the state of the beaches in these parts I wonder if that is entirely true. Minerva offers conversationally, thinking about how ruined Kea Island must be; they had weathered storms before, but nothing on the same level as the quaking of the earth. It had sent the Mother Sea in to a frenzy. I have never enjoyed living alone, either. It has been a difficult adjustment, but I am still here - proof enough that I can hunt at the very least. I have been trained in basic medicine, charting the stars, and combat; necessities where I come from. 

It felt strange to be listing off her better qualities like this rather than showing them off, but Minerva was not aware of the protocols when it came to infiltrating heathen tribes. For any sister upon the island, they need only cite the location of their natal tribe or speak the name of their high priestess in order to gain access to a land; much was shared across the island. Here, though, things were different. They were primitive — not in a demeaning manner, just different. She concluded her explanation with a look between the man and woman, giving them equal attention. If I can be of use, would I be welcome?
Messages In This Thread
A broken oath. - by Minerva - January 05, 2020, 05:36 PM
RE: A broken oath. - by Rosalyn - January 05, 2020, 06:03 PM
RE: A broken oath. - by Minerva - January 05, 2020, 06:14 PM
RE: A broken oath. - by Aningan - January 05, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: A broken oath. - by Rosalyn - January 05, 2020, 11:58 PM
RE: A broken oath. - by Minerva - January 06, 2020, 02:59 PM
RE: A broken oath. - by Aningan - January 09, 2020, 12:09 AM
RE: A broken oath. - by Rosalyn - January 09, 2020, 09:42 AM
RE: A broken oath. - by Minerva - January 09, 2020, 07:36 PM
RE: A broken oath. - by Aningan - January 13, 2020, 01:06 AM
RE: A broken oath. - by Rosalyn - January 14, 2020, 09:21 AM