Shimmering Sands i hope the roof flies off and i get blown out into space
8 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
Where are we going to stay for the night? She asks softly, casting an anxious glance at @Sarthorn. The sun is beginning to sink in the sky, and the idea of spending a night out in the open holds little appeal. There's nothing around here but sand and snow, it's been flat for miles and miles. Distress creeps into her voice with the last few words, and she halts suddenly, turning to face him. Her tail lashes once behind her, the movement stuttering with nervous energy. She tries to make light of the situation, but the joke seems to fall flat to her. We can't burrow into the sand like crabs.
9 Posts
Ooc — mista
Sarthorn agrees; it is a maze of endless sea, sand and snow. Little foliage has dotted their path for miles since they began traveling the coastline. The idea of it was to land upon a fruitful place, without wandering away from the comforts of what they knew.
I will stand watch, he comments. If they are unable to find shelter, then he is used to staying awake long after his body screeches for rest. We could also travel… inland. He suggests, shifting red eyes south.
8 Posts
Ooc —
She doesn't like the answers he offers, but she knows he's only being realistic. After all, it is as she'd said; they can't burrow into the sand. Still... I don't like going inland, She complains, golden gaze following Sarthorn's briefly before it drifts the opposite direction. Maybe we could find shelter along the beach?
9 Posts
Ooc — mista
It isn’t optimal, but their choices are limited; they both know that, and Sarthorn is keen on protecting Nesini more than he is himself.
He turns his head, back towards the sea. It is a long-shot, but maybe they’d get lucky finding a sea-side cave, dried tide pool, or driftwood big enough to curl comfortably in.
Yeah, maybe. He nods, turning north to explore.
8 Posts
Ooc —
She follows wordlessly, silent for a time as she trails slightly behind him. Even in their current situation, she can't help thinking about how lucky she is to be here — with Sarthorn, and more freedom than she knows what to do with. The thought seems to find her every day when the sky begins to darken; like clockwork, rain or shine. Each time feels just like the first.
She draws up alongside him with a gentle nudge. She doesn't want to distract him with the same tired lines about love and freedom and their new beginning, fresh as the sentiment might feel to her, but she wants to share some part of the joy and gratitude swelling in her chest nonetheless. I love you, She murmurs, voice full of emotion. Her eyes stay fixed ahead, searching for anything they might be able to use as shelter, but she stays close enough for their fur to brush as they walk.
9 Posts
Ooc — mista
His paws sink within the sand, each step near silent as they grow closer towards the beach and it’s waves. The scent of salt hasn’t left his nose for long now, and traveling this little from the coast hadn’t changed it much either. But it increases gradually.
Mixed emotions befall him with it. Fortunately, Nesini is at his side; a comfort more dear to him than any other. He dips his head, brushing his cheek upon her own in response to her nudge.
I love you, Nesi. The weight they hold does not show in his voice as much as it should. Nesini means the world to him, yet Sarthorn has always been awkward in his show of emotion—the berating of the past makes it too vulnerable to share. He trusts her with it nonetheless, praying that she understands the depth each night they remind each other of their care.
8 Posts
Ooc —
She presses a brief kiss to his cheek and pushes forward, suddenly feeling shy. The moment lifts her spirits, though, and her steps seem a little lighter as they continue their search in silence. Yet night soon falls, and the two find no shelter, eventually settling near where the water laps at the sand. Sarthorn takes the first watch, as always, but sleep does not come to Nesini easily. When it does, however, it is blissfully dreamless.