Alpine Lake The falling of our feet and it sounds like drumming
19 Posts
Ooc —
Sensing the ease in tension, Oliver started to relax. "Thanks Holly, but the pleasure's all mine," he replied with a smile. The second he blurted out his response, he started to second guess himself. Was he coming on too strong? Was he being creepy? One thing Oliver had come to understand about girls was they didn't like it when guys tried too hard to impress them.

He hoped she didn't notice his awkwardness. "I came from a place called the Spirit River Valley, far to the Southwest. I grew up there." He answered. He wondered if she knew of this place. Many packs had staked a claim to different parts of the valley; his clan made their home in the Blackmane Thicket. Wouldn't it be a neat coincidence if she, too, hailed from the valley?

"But the time comes for all young wolves to leave home, so a couple weeks ago I picked up and left." It wasn't entirely true that Oliver had left of his own volition, but Holly didn't need to know that. Oliver winced at the memory of the final confrontation that had led to his father kicking him out. If only his mother had been around, she would have protected him.

"Anyway, that's enough about me, tell me about yourself," Oliver said, eager to change the subject. "Oh, um, would you mind if I came and sat with you?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: The falling of our feet and it sounds like drumming - by Oliver - February 14, 2020, 05:32 PM