Serpent Lake I walk a lonely road....
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
All Welcome 
He made his way away from the Haunted wood, traveling for maybe a day or so before he came to a lake. It was beautiful here, a peace settling over his shoulders he had not known for a long time. 
He padded along the pebble beach, ears flicking at the sound of small crabs and crayfish scratching in their burrows. He tried pawing at the stones, but the earth was still too frozen to be of any help.  He found a fish, dead and frozen into the melting ice covering the water, and tore off what little bits he could.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He ventured down to the neighboring lake not infrequently, it drew in all sorts of creatures he could make a meal out of. But today, he spotted one of his own kind. The man was eating something by the shore, which he made out to be a fish once close enough. Greetings, He said amicably enough. It was then he caught the still-fresh scent of Nightwalkers on him. You're a Nightwalker, I see. What brings you out here? There was no audible malice in his voice from the observation, though he was still wary. This man must've been a new recruit who came after his departure.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Memory looked up, unsurprised to see another wolf. For a moment his instinct was to snarl out a threat and defend his food. But he reconsidered. That was old ways. Nightwalker behavior. 
The male seemed to recognize his scent, calling them out by name. "Not anymore." He grunted. "Had a change of heart. Now I'm just looking for a new beginning."
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Black Hat was surprised to hear the man left, and he latched onto that solidarity to try and form a connection. Ah, I see. I actually did the same thing not terribly long ago. Nightwalkers are too hostile, too unstable. Now, I call the plateau my home, He explained, gesturing with his snout towards his claim. My name is Black Hat. And you are?
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Memory was surprised, This male and he had much in common. Just HOW much, he was inclined to wonder. "I was raised in a pack a lot like them. I guess I was looking for something Im not going to find there..." The admittance stung. His whole identity was based on savagery, competition, the singing in his blood when he roused himself to battle. Without those things, he didn't know who he was. But maybe this man could help. "Black Hat, huh? Us Nightwalker types get the oddest names. Used to know a wolf named Patchwork- poor fuck only had about half his wits. Name's Memory." He shifted a bit, tearing off a portion of the enormous fish. The Ice cracked with the effort and he cautiously scooted himself back to the bank. That water was still deadly cold, and there was also the possibility of being sucked under the ice. Either way he was not keen on dying. "The Plateau, huh?" He asked as he laid the flesh at the other wolf's paws as a gesture of Goodwill. "Room for another up there?" 
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
super sorry for the long wait! i'm alive again. ♥

Raised in a Nightwalkers-esq pack? This poor bloke. There was a reason you left your birth pack, and I suspect it's similar to the reason you've left Nightwalkers, He hypothesized.

He guffawed at Memory's comment about their names. Maybe I'm the only one, but mine is but an alias, He clarified. Pleasure to meet you, Memory. The man had a good sense of humor, which was something Black Hat missed. The ice cracked under Memory's weight, and he tensed in case he fell in. It wouldn't do for a potential ally to go tumbling into the frigid water. Fortunately, he didn't, and he had enough brains to step off of the ice.

To his pleasant surprise, Memory showed keen interest in joining him, no convincing required. Indeed! I'd be more than happy to have you aboard. Black Hat graciously took his token, though he didn't eat it. A forward thinker, he'd stash it away in a cache for later consumption. With a flick of his tail, he gestured for his new comrade to follow him up.
♚ JOIN CORONA
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He shook his head. "Not my birth pack. I was pupnapped...sort of. And I didn't leave. More like was left for dead. It's a long and fucked up story, but as far as I know my mother thinks I'm dead...and I'm not sure the alpha would want me back." It was more honest about his past than he had probably ever been, but somehow he felt a comeraderie with Black Hat.
He chuckled back at Black Hat, shaking his head. "Mike's birth-given, unfortunately. Only other name Ive ever had is Cyn, and I don't want that one anymore either." He rolled his eyes and rose to his paws once safely on the ground, stretching his lean frame. He nodded in thanks to the stranger and turned to follow him. "So why did you leave? I agree they're unstable- A damn pup is running as alpha. But what changed your mind?" 
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Memory explained the crash course of his life. Ah, I see. You've had quite the turbulent life, He said. But nonetheless, it seems you weren't meant to be there... and I can only imagine that's for the best. Why even go through the effort of kidnapping a child just to abandon them? It sounded like they had more than a few screws loose.

Memory asked what changed his mind about Nightwalkers, and Black Hat snorted. I was never there by choice to begin with. As soon as Hela declared Vengeance dead, I was ready to take my leave. Nothing against her though; I taught her much of what she knows in combat. But to submit to a child is ludicrous. I could've overthrown her, but why would I want to lead a lot of criminals with their own agendas? His explanation bordered on a rant, but the fish tail in his maw forced him not to totally rave. The fact that they bent at the knee to a child really went to show how stupid they all were.
♚ JOIN CORONA
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He nodded in agreement as he followed behind. 
"Valour had potential- reminds me of myself when I was that age. He needs direction and a mentour though. I left after their sloppy excuse for a hunt leader backed out of a challenge. They have no sense of unity, direction. When he stopped answering my howls I assumed he was dead and left." 
He sighed at the nonsense of following a pup. 
"Not just any pup either. She's barely a yearling. I wouldn't mind a teaching role in your pack, if you'll have me. At least I can put my training to good use."