Noctisardor Bypass What up my slugs
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Tagging both of you, whoever doesn't get it, feel free to nab another thread of mine when I make it later in the week. XD

Ideally, Arbiter was looking for @Jomyo or @Kaertok -- though perhaps more the latter, for various reasons. If their travels had taken them far, perhaps they'd know. She needed to know what had happened to Terance and her son. She needed to know if they were coming back. She needed to decide soon if she was going to act as though her mate wasn't returning -- to a certain point she thought maybe she should anyway, just in case. It didn't please her to think that she might have to go through it all again, but there was only so much she could do. There was only so much she was willing to sacrifice when things looked grim.

In a way she was thankful the world was still so cold, that she could see her breath curling past the end of her muzzle. It meant there was still time... Just now she needed to find wolves to replace her own family, and that part did hurt. She had spent some time surveying the herds earlier in the day, but with that done and still no sign of the wolves she wanted, now she sought the others. She hoped for good news, but as always her path would end at the border. If nothing else, she'd make sure things were patrolled.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
On a slow trot, Jomyo returned to the Bypass after several days spent abroad scouting near the mountains and their valleys. Since her wanderings had not yielded her anything overly noteworthy, she didn't rush to make news about it; she slipped past their claim's borders without much delay, then on beyond to herself. On the way, she thought she smelled a fair enough amount of activity, Legion's relative freshness considered. Returning to at least that eased her mind somewhat. But, that was just a passing glance at best, and it did unsettle her that Terance's scent had continued to fade to near-nothing by now. That one didn't bode well. To herself, she didn't bother to withhold that little huff of a sigh it inspired.

Anyway, still heading inwards towards the territory's heart, she didn't take long before she spotted Arbiter who appeared to be heading for the outskirts at the same time. With nothing else calling to her right this moment, Jomyo decided to head over closer to check in. She greeted with a light Hey, and dipped her head into a respectful nod towards the leader, and sought to match pace at her side if able.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She spotted Jomyo coming the opposite direction with ease and Arbiter redirected her way. News, she hoped. At the very least she'd be able to make sure that if there was any sign of the pair out there, it'd be noticed for the future. Hm. Perhaps a return to Easthollow might be something to put on the schedule -- Valette might have her own contacts. And hell, maybe someone should ask Ibis, but she was also pretty sure that should be someone without the last name Dokuga doing so -- okay Spook might be okay at it, but she wasn't going to necessarily risk sending her remaining son off towards a place she hadn't seen herself.

She bowed her head a moment in greeting, How's your scouting been? She avoided the rather obvious thing. It had been long enough that there was likely to be no real emergency action on her side of things that could be done to change it. Either Jomyo would be able to say she'd seen sign of Terance or just... Nothing. She was getting tired of the answer being "nothing," as this wasn't how she was expecting her life to go. She was stable, but now she just questioned a good chunk of the rest of the world.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Jomyo didn't come into anything in life particularly needy, but she had found an easy enough groove when it came to expectations and Arbiter. To the point, right to business and honestly, that worked. She had worked with a handful of leaders, and those sorts who didn't seem too bogged down by the superficial, seemed to suit her style best--which, she wasn't about to wonder what that might be saying about her.

Uneventful, she sighed. Whitebark Stream wolves were keeping out of their immediate business, she hadn't smelled Uriel too much again or any potential Skyward sorts around in the way of her doings, and really.. most anything of half a note was closer to the mountains, and even that was just kind of here and there--nothing with any real meat on it that pertained to Legion very much. The big prey's around more by the week, I think, and then packs, or at least some groups, seem to be moving around this side of Sunspire range a lot lately. Word is one relocated far south, and another scattered, but someone else is picking up the slacks.. Lots of coming and going, not that I know the details of it well, she reported, ears splayed because the sources weren't the best but enough to either steer her away, or towards better news. But nothing outstanding on the whole and no sign of Terance any which way I've been either. she shook her head with another sigh, as this piece bothered her most of all. Was kind of hoping he would've turned up back here on his own by now.. Yet so much for that, her nose had already told her. Not good.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
We'll have to figure out who's gone where at some point. Once things are settled. At least with prey back that's one less concern. I've been happy with how things have been going on that front at least. But to Terance. She was glad Jomyo had kept an eye out. Though Arbiter had mostly roamed closer to home, nothing had appeared in her searches either. She did need to check in with Kaertok whenever he next came back. She'd have similar questions for him. I never expected him to leave in the first place. Let alone with one with Pike. A sharpish exhale there, But given no choice, I continue without them. It changes things, but I'm not sure on the details yet. But having planned to share the responsibilities and suddenly not doing so... A shrug. She didn't want to ramble about it but her follow up question was obviously tied to it, Do you still think you'd possibly be leaving as the the weather warms? She needed to know who she could count on in the longer term. She had expected the pack to have been solidly carved into the landscape without any questions by now.

But there were a couple of places she wanted to check for herself. Or rather, make sure that they knew. I think I'll check with Easthollow myself. I've been the one to talk to them in the past -- it would seem... odd to have someone else go for this. For someone else to go and say her mate and child were missing. It felt like somehow that would make it more like her own failing rather than that of others, maybe due to the fact it might look like she wasn't trying.
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Once things were settled was right. Jomyo eased a slow nod. Now if only everyone could ever collectively reach that point to be called settled again. She did appreciate the herds, if nothing else, even if Arbiter's details about Terance did not bode particularly well either. That was what she caught up on most of all.

Though she said little in the way of expression, she was listening.. and considering what Arbiter said made her ponder. It did put a significant change on things for the pack to be short half its lead, and surely, whatever impact it had on their family that remained would cause its ripples. As for her need to leave? Sure, she was never meant to be a permanent fixture in any one place. Not right away, and I've no immediate plans that.. make it need to be so, she admitted; winter, the lean times associated with it, the pack's move, and all else.. it wasn't like anything specific recalled her back towards the homelands yet--assuming that her yearlings were minding themselves, either where she had left them to train, or with a reasonable ally of their home's. Jomyo had no real news to bring anyone yet though.

Good call, she agreed, about Easthollow, and Arbiter representing them. I want to go over the Sunspire range soon.. whenever the timing's good enough. Weather's getting better for it at least. I'll see if anyone knows anything there, of course.. she said, letting Arbiter take that for whatever it may be worth to her. The scout had not been that far in a while, so investigating it was probably overdue.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She nodded, If it changes, let me know. Preferably with a bit of warning if possible. And while you're here, if there are any goals you have, anything I can make happen, tell me. Reward were limited with someone who planned to leave, but there was always the hope that Arbiter could provide a place where she might be tempted to stay. Jomyo's plans sounded good to her -- Arbiter needed to stay, to keep the territory protected, to recruit whatever few she could find. Maybe with a couple of additional faces, she could feel more secure about the pack itself. She needed to do another count -- a few had grown scarce, but whether that was scouting or actual absence, she wasn't yet sure.

However, it was a slight lead into another thought Arbiter had, even if it might not be the most direct link, I know how to lead an army, but I know that not everyone here would do well in one. I've been trying to make sure that those that wouldn't fit had direction, but I suppose I'm not the most... Approachable. When you're here in the territory, would you mind being another option for them to come to? It's all the yearling boys, if you happen to run across them. Why it was literally all of them, she didn't know. Seemed a rather odd set, but luck was a weird thing, sometimes streaks happened -- just look at Arbiter's own luck right now. Arbiter just needed to make sure that she used what she did have, and between Spook being her own son and Pheiros and Ashlar not having their family here to guide them, she felt that if she was not the best guide for their future, then it was her job to find one better -- otherwise they might wander, permanently.
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
The Eizokusei had no objections to any of that. To want to know ahead of time was plenty reasonable, and already, Arbiter implied a want to be keep in the loop even well before. Jomyo had filtered her way through enough places and  I will. If it changes, she agreed. It was feeling like very much a case of if and when, neither of which she was feeling keen to rush towards now, but she was a go with the flow type--that very well could change.

From there, though, the shift in subject quirked her expression a bit. I can try. No guarantees that I've got the most friendly of faces all days either, she deadpanned, though if you knew exactly where to look, there was a hint of humor in her eyes. I've trained scouts before, helped hunters a little. My homeland raised warriors, too. That's what I know best, she mentioned, wondering if any of the assorted yearling boys Arbiter mentioned had any notable potential. It was probably high time she know better, anyway. Besides Arbiter's litter, most of them sort of stayed out of her radar. Any newer recruits worth a note? she asked, on that similiar train of thought.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She looked at her, quirk of her own brow. Joke or not, Arbiter had her own point, Easier time than me, I'm sure. Whether her training had molded her personality or her personality had caused her to flourish in her training didn't matter, but the two were very tightly tied. But more to the point, she shook her head, I've been spending more time looking for my mate and child to be recruiting, honestly. Once I get back from Easthollow, that's where my focus would be. If there's no news, there's not much more I can personally do. It was a clear point to draw a line for her to say that past it was time to move on.

There was one though. However, our latest recruit was one of the boys -- Ashlar. He'd been born in the pack last year but left with his mother and Gannet for a time. Gannet brought him back to stay here. He's even meeker than Spook. But he's done far more traveling than the others. I don't know if he actually wants to be a scout, unless that gets mentioned in the other thread, in which case, oops? but if he does, maybe he'd appreciate someone educating him further. Even if it didn't work out, she needed to make sure they tried. Someone needed to bridge that gap between the softer sorts and the hardened souls, and she knew that wasn't herself. Had Terance been around, that would have been his wheelhouse.
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Jomyo supposed that maybe that was true, that in certain avenues, she may have an easier time making an appeal to training some of the younger sorts. It probably would depend a lot on the others, too. She would just have to do what she could, as always. But, the scout did suppose it was reasonable enough that the leader would prioritize her mate and offspring over collecting random sorts that may or may not stick around. She nodded, understanding that much, though it didn't seem like she was ready to hold out for them forever--which was something else she made a quiet note about to herself.

For moving forward, however, details did come about someone she ought to set her sight towards soon. Ashlar. Good to know, she chuffed, appreciating some background that she wouldn't have to wonder about. That cut her even more towards the point, only leaving a more formal meeting to feel out his interest in scouting earnestly. Hm.. If he managed the traveling experience before, he at least knows what that much can be like already, she pondered aloud. Well, I can see what he thinks a bit, I'm sure, she flipped her tail, thoughtful still however. If he was young and impressionable enough, she might have her work cut out for her. Thanks for the heads up.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Arbiter nodded. Good. Get the boys worked in more with the others in the pack. It would be good for them all. It was unfortunate there weren't proper mentors for them, but she'd do her best to find a way. I know Pheiros wanted to find someone to teach him to heal. With the way things have been changing, our closest neighbors swapped from Easthollow to the Stream wolves. That'll be another jaunt unless we can find a good tutor for him in the meantime. Spook and Brou -- they still need to figure out themselves. Which she did seem to find somewhat disappointing, as could be faintly heard from her voice, but she concluded, They will in time. One way or another.

She shifted subjects, What would you prioritize to add to our ranks? Arbiter had her own thoughts, but she was a bit biased towards some things. Another opinion was good, especially if it ended up matching what she thought. There was the broad stroke of some experienced wolves, but beyond that... What specialty? Fighters and hunters were always good, some of the younger ones currently here were interested in healing so that might be covered...
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
With everything else, she added keep an ear out for a good healer to train Pheiros to the ever-growing list of bits and pieces to carry with her. They had nearby prospects it sounded like, so that one wasn't going to fly up in priority any time soon. Jomyo just knew better than to put too much faith in one avenue.. in case it all fell through. Whitebark may not even be there at all in enough moons.. hard to say.

Same went for if and when the yearlings might figure themselves out; it was impossible to know for sure if they could. They could only hope to steer them right and give them the right encouragement to make them more useful to Legion than just warm bodies in the bigger picture

Then, she canted back an ear, and considered it a beat. Thinking with what she knew, most of which was refreshed thanks to Arbiter here and now, she could roughly check off a few key matters. More mercenary sorts never hurt, she quipped, since she was raised to be comfortable with a surplus of them--and they could usually do other avenues of work, too. They had lost a presence on guard with Terance's leave after all.. And, a dedicated healer of our own wouldn't be bad to have--though it sounds like it might be faster just train up our own, honestly, if we can just get a good teacher or two.. she supposed.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
This was all Arbiter setting the chessboard up for the next game. Sure, it was going to be a bit so she could get the other things in line so she could actually sit down and play, but it was there, waiting. Just work through the list. I don't know why it is finding a healer has been so difficult. I was sure Easthollow would have had one when we were neighbors to then, but they didn't have one at the time either. Suppose it's good there isn't some sort of war going on. She was being facetious, obviously. But really, they were lucky. I wish that either of my remaining children had taken more of an interest in fighting. My father would be disappointed. Facetious and sort of wistful, Arbiter was kind of weird, wasn't she? At least that's a skill set I can definitely test for. 

Getting things in order seemed to sort of brighten her mood, or at least get her in a better frame of mind. Sure, it wasn't going to totally defeat the feelings from part of her family she'd made here disappearing into the ether. If there's anything else that comes to mind, let me know. Everyone still here is someone who matters, as does their opinion. She looked directly to Jomyo, just to make sure, to affirm that that she was indeed wanted here, as long as she'd be around. But otherwise, it did seem like things were concluding.
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She was astute enough, and Arbiter gave her good insight into what she thought about all this. At least there was no room for doubts with her. Mhm. I think because it takes a special sort to want to do medicine and all.. she shrugged. Not all were cut out for it, and few could do it and last, especially in the face of an actual hardship and struggle. But yeah.. Peace has seemed to reign here, every time I've known the region.. Maybe that hasn't forced the need for good healers enough, she supposed. Maybe the places that had good ones held onto them dearly. Who knew.

Anyway, with that said, Jomyo gave another nod and was happy with that conclusion for today. I will, she replied. Knowing she had some worth here when it all came down to it kept her around, certainly, and interactions like this gave her good motivation between the two of them. She just was subtle about showing it. She remained, however, and that spoke for her.

After that and any necessary goodbyes, she was off on her own route.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
They were on the same page. Always a good sign. She nodded. There was work to do and she couldn't do all of it alone. She would try, certainly, but she hoped those like Jomyo would be able to help where Arbiter herself was stretched thin. It was the kind of thing that makes a pack, it was the foundation. It was the finish that they needed now. She bid farewell to Jomyo and went to go her own duties. Another day. Another plan. A trip to Easthollow soon.

Time to get things back on track.