Haunted Wood A Day Like Any Other
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Set about midday in the weeping willow part of their territory ;)

@Serendibite

The spindly, whip like arms of the moss covered willow trees around him. They remind him more of tentacles than anything, it’s a detail that causes most of the forest they call their home to seem ominous. The spooky fog that settles on late nights and the hair raising noises that thrum about his hear canals in the pitch black of the unknown still make this place home enough for him.

Today he patrols the edges of their apparent dreamland. Thinking he’s met just about everyone in their pack except for two–three maybe. He walks languidly across the terrain, stepping gracefully over the roots of trees, rocks, and debris. Thinking to himself, he might just be alone if it weren’t for a fleeting feeling of being watched keeps tingling his senses.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29446f97062704dca892...=giphy.gif]
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Serendibite saw the man approach and couldn't help but stare. He was an odd-looking wolf. Still, she wasn't discriminatory. Everyone could be manipulated. She just had to find out if this wolf would be useful to her. After following him around for a bit, she finally stepped out of the shadows. She got straight to the point. "My name is Serendibite. What's yours?"
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
He taking in the scenery, it’s a tranquil day. One where the weather isn’t too harsh or biting, and the sky is clear. Today he can even see the sun through the wicked arms of vicious trees and the ever present fog that seems to loom over their homeland. He allows himself these precious moments until of course he hears even the slightest of movement. He would’ve chocked it up to another animal if he didn’t have the feeling of being watched; he’s never been wrong before.

His left ear twitches and he dares to see something shadow-like approach from the trees. He snaps his head in the direction, twin moon eyes landing upon a wolf with black fur akin to Serem, yet the form is very distinctly not hers. Who is this? Couldn’t be a stranger wolf so bravely bearing itself before him. 

So, to stop himself from thinking so much, the female spares him and introduces herself as Serendibite. What an interesting name. He replies with a tilt of his head, ruined ears facing the woman that speaks to him so suddenly. 

“Ah.” He murmurs, his devilish smirk making its way onto his maw. “I am Santiago Gabriel Arcos.” Introducing his full name can seem extra to others but he takes pride in it. Especially as he rolls his r’s and the deep lilt to his voice seem to be just as interesting to others. “You are new here, no?”
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Serendibite listened as the man spoke. He had a beautiful accent. Not that she cared. "Fairly so. I usually keep to myself, so you probably haven't seen me around." "Where are you from? You're clearly not from around here." Serendibite despised small talk, but it was necessary.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
He hums in response to her first sentence. “Why’s that? It’s good to socialize with the pack.” He grins to her and winks. “Especially if you plan on taking rank one day.” 

He shrugs then. “I have no fucking idea where I’m from. Born in a fighting ring, amiga, that’s all I know.” He chuckles at the end.

Coming only a few steps closer, his eyes shamelessly take in her appearance, to size her up, making mental notes of her. His ivory hues finally settle on her face once more. “What brings you to this pack then?” He rolls out in his Spanish lilt.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Serendibite stopped herself from cringing at the wink. She supposed it would be good to socialize. "I'm just not that kind of wolf, I guess. Besides, I'm not really trusted yet." She thought it was odd that Santiago didn't know where he was from, but she dropped the subject. She focused on the wolf's next question. "I'm just here to see what pack life is like, I guess. See if it's for me. So far, it just feels like a lot of work. But who knows? Maybe I will go up the ranks someday." Serendibite wondered what she should do next. She wasn't interested in this wolf, but being friendly felt like the right thing to do. Maybe she should play oalong with the flirting"What about you? Why are you here? You here to climb the ranks, maybe? Make some friends? Or maybe... meet someone special?" She gave him a mischeivous grin.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
He nods to her. “Yes, it’s takes time to trust. I’ve been putting a fair amount of work in since I got here to I assume they trust me because of that.” 

“This is my first pack as well.” He shrugs, then his devilish smile comes back. “You never know amiga, you could climb rank.”

Then he walks just a few feet closer. “What am I doing here? I could say all of those are valid options, cariña.” He chuckles. Beginning to stalks towards her right, his teeth gleam to her while smirks. “I suppose a good way to get acquainted is to spar, no? Fight me.” He adds playfully at the end.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Serendibite rolled her eyes. She didn't particularly like to fight. Still, she needed the practice. "Alright, a spar it is." She then immediately lunged towards his shoulder, hoping it would catch him off guard.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Just as soon as she agrees to the spar, she’s on him like lightening. Yes, it catches him off guard but he’s just barely quick enough to hop backwards and avoid her wondering jaws. His smirk curls mischievously, he still loves a good spar. “Okay, I see you.”

Heavy paws move skillfully as he runs to the left and attempts a juke by switching to the right and coming up beside her left side. He tucks his chin to the plume on his chest, looking to go in for a head-but. If luck permits it, he’ll crush the thickness of his skull against her ribs.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Santiago's head-butt was enough to knock Serendibite off-balance, but she quickly regained it and leaped back, planning her next move. She would definitely retain a bruise from it, though. 
She was really no good at fighting, but she attempted a quick attack on his right foreleg. It was a risky move, but if it was succesful, she could knock him down.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia

He’s rather surprised by the smaller wolf’s prowess when her first move hits successfully. Though it merely causes him to stumble. After all, he has three other legs to put weight onto anyway. When kicking legs from underneath someone Santi usually goes by the twos or more rule.

So he stumbles, an attempt to right himself and the female brushes past him. He grins and his mouth opens, sharp teeth on display, and only has to take two quick steps before he’s close enough to the younger’s body. His teeth take hold of the plume of her tail and tugs. Not hard enough to hurt more just to instigate a fire within her.

After the quick pull he bounces away and readies his stance, head held high confidently. “Come on, amiga. Puedes hacerlo mejor que eso.” He teases playfully.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Serendibite was glad that her hit had taken hold, but growled as Santiago tugged on her tail. it was hardly fair, since Santiago didn't even have a tail. "I don't even know what you just said." She went for his shoulder again, hoping to get a good grip this time. To her surprise, it worked, and she leaped back, the taste of blood in her mouth. She prepared herself for his imminent retaliation.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Santi makes a tisk tisk tisk noise to her shaking his head faux disappointedly, teeth still on display is a mischievous smirk. “You don’t know Spanish yet? You will learn if you stay in this pack long enough.” He chides her, a chuckle on his lips as well.

Then she’s launching herself towards him and takes a grasp of the muscle of his shoulder. It’s a quick pinch and a thrum of pain spider webbing throughout the area. She’s definitely drawn blood, though it hardly phases him, he’s been nipped plenty like that prior to their spar. Smart of the female, she immediately jumps away after the assault she makes in his shoulder.

Gazing dangerously at her he sprints forwards, savage determination held within his eyes. His should connects with the young females body at her ribs. Successfully knocking her to the ground. He’s on her directly after, not allowing her to get up before he’s caging her in with strong limbs. He chuckles as he gets the mount not wasting any time his mouth opens wide, as of to swallow her, yet he clamps down onto the side of her neck. The grip isn’t hard enough to puncture with his elongated fangs, but will definitely leave bruises.

He lowers his body into more of a squat to make it more of a challenge for her to get up. His body flexes when he shakes his head in a crude attempt to reenact tearing flesh without actually doing so.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Okay, this wolf was definitely starting to irritate her. And he was clearly too arrogant to be easily manipulated. With a low growl, she relaxed her muscles. [font]"Fine, you win." [/font]She grumbled. Seremdibite realized that it had been a long time since she'd won a spar- she really did need to improve.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
His grin is sly as he takes his mouth off the raven fur of her neck. The fur there covered in a bit of drool and he politely steps off of her. “My bad, amiga.” He stays beside her to help her up with a scoop of his nose to her chest. “Appreciate the win though.” He chuckles down to her. “You okay?”
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
"Oh, I'm fine." She was embarrassed, but no real harm had been done. "Thanks for the practice. See you around." She turned to leave.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
He wasn’t hurt by her swift escape and he laughs when she says her goodbye and begins to walk off. “See you soon, amiga.”