Haunted Wood We Let The Fires Just Bathe Us
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It seemed that Memory had calmed down and the rest of Valour's tension flew out the window as well upon the man's admission of losing grips on himself lately. Giving the man a gentle nudge with his shoulder he smiled, ears shifting back "Hey...nobody really expects a kid to be lethal either" he could admit that him and Hela were the sole product of Nightwalkers foul start. It was kill or be killed, literally and they both wanted to survive so much they'd risen to the top of it all. He was observant of Memory's response to his question about the face injury and like a shark honed in though it was their shaky but genuine friendship that kept him from showing any signs of judgement as Memory explained.

Then a key detail was given and his eyes flew wide for a moment before he corrected himself and just played it off by taking a seat by Memory's side as he continued to have what seemed to Valour to be a ton of emotional ventage. Admittedly he kind of tuned out, only able to focus on Clarence. Gentle, Pacifistic Clarence....the fact that he'd done this much damage to Memory was something he actually found impressive as well as alarming. "He's a nice guy" was all he managed to say as Memory explained Clarence had a flashback and his ears slowly pressed backwards feeling a pang of genuine sympathy as he related way too strongly. Thankfully Memory dragged him away from his thoughts by stating it all wasnt fair and why, Causing a mischievous smirk to curl up his maw "Who says I haven't been doing that?" his tone was teasing as he thought about Clay back in his den, wondering if Memory would smell the ashen boy in his fur. "Nightwalkers is plenty adventure" he joked ignoring the fact that he was beginning to wonder if he wanted to be tied to the lead anymore. Of course he enjoyed the power but with everything he'd been through he knew how serious his responsibilities were now, he couldn't disappear for a few days journey to see Clay and just work it off anymore. "Monsters like Vengeance and Nyx are the reasons I'm not afraid to own what I am. I'll find all the sick fucks like them I can and kill em" it was the last thing he got in before Memory dropped a bomb on him.

He was considering leaving because he'd met someone. It felt like someone was slowly squeezing his heart as he imagined saying goodbye to yet another friend. Sure they could always seek one another out again like him and Clay did but Valour selfishly wanted someone to stay by his side in the haunted woods. Yet....

If he wanted to go to Clay one day, wouldn't he want to be seen off with support and not anger? "I don't know man, she'd have to be pretty hot for me to give up a friend" he said his tone serious for all of three seconds before he cracked a smile, feeling actually happy that he could be the one to maybe send Memory off to a happy life. "I'm joking. Of course I'd be okay. As long as you come update me and tell me how things are once in a while" he gave a slow sway of his tail though hiding the fear of losing someone else was proving increasingly difficult "You're still strong. Train to cover for that eye and just...help provide the pack with food or entertain pups like you do here" he said encouragingly and then stood up as a throb of pain surged through his ankle "I have to go get this fixed up" he said ears shifting back against his head "Come see me...whenever you want. Especially if you're gonna go, I hate not being told goodbye" on that particularly soft note he began to walk off before pausing and looking back "You gonna be okay?"
3/10 mastery
Messages In This Thread
We Let The Fires Just Bathe Us - by Memory - May 04, 2020, 10:04 PM
RE: We Let The Fires Just Bathe Us - by Valour - May 04, 2020, 10:30 PM
RE: We Let The Fires Just Bathe Us - by Memory - May 05, 2020, 12:04 AM
RE: We Let The Fires Just Bathe Us - by Valour - May 05, 2020, 08:37 AM
RE: We Let The Fires Just Bathe Us - by Memory - May 05, 2020, 02:38 PM
RE: We Let The Fires Just Bathe Us - by Valour - May 05, 2020, 04:32 PM
RE: We Let The Fires Just Bathe Us - by Memory - May 06, 2020, 05:15 AM
RE: We Let The Fires Just Bathe Us - by Valour - May 06, 2020, 10:09 AM
RE: We Let The Fires Just Bathe Us - by Memory - May 06, 2020, 10:24 AM
RE: We Let The Fires Just Bathe Us - by Valour - May 06, 2020, 11:11 AM