Haunted Wood I've got a cross that I bear but you don't see it
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Private 

There was someone he'd waited long enough to see. Someone who lay inside her den with small wriggling children nursing from her breast. A beautiful wraith, one who'd been overlooked and in Valour's opinion despite having newfound respect for Serem, it was Vanity who should've gotten the chance to shine in the General's place. Grabbing her some food from a cache he headed to her den, calling out before he peeked awkwardly into the entrance "Vanity? It's Valour"
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Footsteps, light, but powerful. She bristled, knowing it was only Valour, but she was protective. She was going to raise these children this time, they were not going to fall ill, be taken, or murdered. She wouldn't let @Hashut in the den, but she finally relented after putting herself almost ontop of @Leshen and @Arwen

She let out a low chuff. It was a greeting, but also a warning. She didn't want him too close.
Vanity dragged herself up, moving towards the small entrance which Valour now stood at. She wasn't sure he could even fit in, but if Hashut managed to squeeze in then surely he could. She made the den small for a reason and refused to let Hashut make it big boy accessible. 
He had food, so this must be some sort of welfare check.

"Hey," she greeted him. An ear tilted back, hearing her young crying for her warmth.
| | | |                              "Common" "Spanish"
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It was instinct that told him not to move closer as he'd done so boldly with Serem and her kids. The tone of her voice was one that rooted his paws in place, his body tense as every signal said "This is momma wolf territory not Nightwalker territory". Even so he didn't turn away but backed up respectfully ask he heard the movement from within. His heat raced, not in the same way it did for Clay or occasionally about Hela when he considered the idea of her coming back. This kind of racing was just nerves, he was anxious to see her and nervous that she'd feel more negativity toward him than their last meeting. As she appeared his tail wagged at his ankles of its own accord, ears perking up as she greeted him. Clumsily and in a rush to show that he only meant well he nosed the prey toward her, eyes darting up to check to make sure he wasn't going to get bit for that simple movement. Vanity had a temper, she was fire where Serem was cool as ice.  "For you, I didn't know if Hashut was doing enough" he said and looked at her, seeing how pregnancy had filled her out and honestly in his opinion it suited her. "I just wanted to see how you are. It's been a bit but I would have come sooner..it's just" he looked behind her pointedly as her children cried for her. It was partially true, he was wary of disturbing the peace and rest she'd need while tending to her pups. There wasn't any need for him to confess he was worried about her temper or that she'd have it out for him.
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Thank you," she replied to his offer of food. She could feel his suffocating nerves making the air heavy, but it was ok. He didn't try to force his way to see her young. And if he made any such move then she would shred him despite her slightly diminished condition. 
"Hashut is taking great care of me, thank you. And congratulations on your promotion."

She'd heard all. She had no idea where Hela had vanished to, but she hoped that she was well. Hela didn't deserve to die, but she did deserve demotion. She scooped bird under her, accepting it graciously. 
"Becoming the leader is hard, you're more ready than he'll and you will not fail where she has." For is he did, she knew Santiago Arcos would rise to the chance. Then she to him, no fucks given if he was with Serem.

She smiled softly, feeling a nose against her tail. She knew it was Arwen, so she turned and picked her up. Days old, small and not yet ready to see the world. Vanity also scooped up Leshen, and turned back to Valour, showing him her young. She stood over them, making certain there would be no way he would attack them if he felt inclined to. As the new Alpha male, she didn't know if he was mature yet and felt the urge to slaughter the young of another man.
And she would protect them with her life, and so would Hashut.
"The darker one is Arwen, the boy is Leshen."

A minute more, and she scooped them back under her into the safety of the den.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
A nod of acceptance as she thanked him and said her mate did well. That was what counted in the end, that the father was doing what fathers should. He wasn't wise to the intricacies of matehood and family life but he knew the fierce desire to protect what was his and that was the entire pack. She congratluated him on his rise to the top and he smiled in return. Everything was his now, Not Serem's or Vengeance's or Hela's. That meant in a way Vanity was his too, her children as well, even her mate. They were all his to protect. As she took the prey he listened eyes staring at her intently as she predicted he wouldn't fail, once again stating her belief in him as she had when he was younger. It felt good, it was what he imagined his mother would have told him growing up...that he was strong, capable, and wouldn't fail as his father had. "Thank you" Producing any other good response was hard in that moment, as his maw hung open stricken speechless otherwise. Luckily one of her tiny children chose that moment to crawl up to them, distracting them both as Vanity turned picking her up and then the second. They were unbelievably small, blind things that didn't seem capable of much else than wriggling and emitting little shrieks occasionally inbetween meals but there was something that caused him to still and stare with big eyes. Sure he was protective of all the pups in the pack but the other ones were all sharp teeth and fast paws, they could be taught to defend themselves. These were truly helpless little babies. "They're...cute" he finally managed to say embarrassed that he sounded absolutely stunned. "Hi guys, welcome to Nightwalkers. Can't wait till you start biting" he whispered to them, shooting Vanity a mischievous but totally harmless grin "They'll definitely be biting. Their mother is a total shark" he couldn't help himself but try to get her to smile or show any sign of humor, he was getting used to social interaction not being all cold and weird anymore. 
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He needed praise. His name was Valour as hers was Vanity. His Mother knew when he was born what he needed as her father did her. 

He resounded silence for a moment, looking at her children before announcing they were cute.
"They ain't cute yet," They looked too much like moles. No, when they got bigger and fluffier they would be cute. She just hoped she'd protect them that long.
She chuckled softly as he greeted them. 
"They'll be blind and death for a while, but I'll call you over when they start walking about."
He seemed absolutely fascinated. He was kinda cute, in the way a person looked at a puppy.

She liked his reference though. He must've taken note in the hunts.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
He wanted to give her a look to make it clear he disagreed but she was their mother, he supposed she would be the overall judge on their cuteness. To him pups looked like a better deal when they were fresh, quiet and snuggly and not very mobile. "That would be cool. I'll  make sure Serem's kids know to be gentle whenever they come out to explore" he said though he was unsure exactly how long it would be before these little paw sized wolves would be joining them.
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"I haven't seen them yet, only heard them on the first night."
She didn't know if anyone knew she was a sentry at Serem's den for the day before and the night of the birth. She'd been stationary for some time, it felt right without Vengeance to protect her and Hela as the Warlord.

"But thank you, I'm certain these will be able to take care of themselves and each other as soon as they can bite," she grinned at him. She was happy with her family, it was perfect. 
She would start training them as soon as they could go outside, and they'd be inadvertently training with each other through playing.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
He wondered what she meant by 'heard'. Considering it was Valium and Lithium they were speaking of he assumed they'd been rowdy since the start and gave an amused smile picturing Serem's children and Vanity's becoming companions instead of enemies. Valour hoped it would go that way, he didn't want to watch younger kids grow in the same every day fight or die situation for both their lives or simply just recognition. "They're Nightwalkers of course they will" he agreed with a smile though secretly he was sure it would have to do with the savage spirit in their genetics. He'd watched Vanity end the lives of coyotes like it was nothing. Seen her get struck in a hunt and continue like it was nothing. Definitely true Nightwalker spirit. As the conversation seemed to be left with nowhere to go on the subject of her kids he fell silent trying to think of another. "Is it weird that I wanted Hela to stay? I don't have any friends but her and Clay were kind of. And Clay is over the mountains"  He wasn't sure why of all things that's what his brain tossed out. After seeing Serem being so gentle with the five other pups he'd begun to notice the absence of a mother and who was the only older woman in the pack who was nice to him and would probably not be an ass about his vulnerability? Vanity.
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She grinned, happy he accepted her children and that it'd been with Hashut.
He wouldn't have much jurisdiction over the matter though, as it had been under the rule of another her young were conceived. But alas they were animals.

She turned briefly in the silence, pushing her children back into the warmer and safety of the den. She'd be with them soon. 
He asked a question she didn't expect him to ask, but took it in her stride. Turn back to him, she started her reply.
"No, it's not weird. But you will find other friends, and you have many responsibilities now."
He knew, she knew it. But he had to be reminded that being a Warlord now meant more than just living, it meant being protection from everything.

"But if you feel really lonely, come by whenever you want. I'll be here."
She smiled, hoping to soothe what she said. She thought it was a bit harsh.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
When the emotional turmoil ended he would be glad for Vanity's blunt way of putting it. Like ripping out a thorn stuck in your flesh. It hurt but it was over fast. Exhaling slowly so that it wouldn't seem as if he was upset he waited until he could speak without his voice "I know" but I'm regretting my life. I want to know friendship and love like everyone else has. the words of course went unsaid but he ducked his head sucking in a breath and forcing a smirk onto his maw before looking back up "Besides...they both left me anyway" he tried to sound cocky and like it didn't bother him at all but his expression crumbled and he shook his head "Sorry. 'scuse me. Think I'm gonna puke or something" he muttered and turned slowly and stiffly walking off until he was out of sight and then leaning against a tree and releasing a long quivering exhale. What was wrong with him? Everyone else left. They were probably the smart ones. But....who the fuck else would get Nightwalkers up and running? Santiago and Clarence were newbies, he'd be damned if they did. Serem and Vanity had kids to raise. Nobody else was left but him. He knew how shit went. He was Vengeance's first little wretch. Slowly he walked toward his den where he slipped inside and curled up processing the notion that his dream wasn't all it was cracked up to be though he was proud. 

I'm so sorry but I'm writing him out. I'm trying to clear up threads so i can start new ones <3 if you want another soon let me know!
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
No problem I understand! Love Valour <3
The air felt like it was being swamped with a thick cloud, or like they were being dragged down by quicksand.
It was Valour wholly, Vanity didn't know what really clicked, but it was definitely something to do with emotions.
She gave the boy - for in her eyes he still was no matter how he acted - a pitiful smile. Feeling emotions was hard, and he was going through all that hormone stuff. 

She understood.

When he excused himself, she wasn't quite sure on what to advise.
"Coem back when you need to." She extended that invitation. She could be hard, cold as rock, but she still took pity on a situation no matter how blunt she poses it.
And as the Warlord turned away, she went back to snuggle her angry beans.