Bramblepoint the good ol' rock 'n roll roadshow
80 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Acheron - being super vague about the Kaistleoki stuff <3
WARNING - discussion of sensitive topics, sex, etc.

It was strange, having a friend, Tuvaq thought. This very well might have been the first wolf he'd socialized with extensively that hadn't wanted to have sex with him. Outside of his mother, of course, but she hadn't really cared who used him, so Tuvaq had been used to being tossed around. Honestly, he'd expected Acheron to make a move or something during their time in Kaistleoki, but he hadn't, so Tuvaq wouldn't, either. But this was nice. Nicer, even, than the sex, in some ways. 

This place was interesting. Thorny, but Tuvaq's light steps and careful movements helped avoid that. He did hope the spotted boy would be so lucky. 

"Hey, spots, where'd you go?" he called, wondering where his companion had gotten off to. The blond wolf had made a point to stick relatively close to the freckled boy since they'd headed off together. Perhaps it was a clinginess on his part - perhaps he just wanted to hang out with his friend. Regardless, this place was fun; there were some fruits growing and Acheron would like it, he was sure.
[Image: RT1niQT.png]
Tuvaq is travelling with Acheron, who can jump into any of his threads at any time ^^
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
He had never felt so conflicted in his life. He felt guilty and sad for leaving his family, especially with his mother having pups soon, but he also felt excited and exhilarated at finally leaving the only home had known to explore what else was out there. It helped a great deal that he had Tuvaq with him. It was hard to really feel alone with his friend always nearby, and he had gotten used to the other boy's presence. In a good way, though. He had found he really liked treading this new ground with his friend at his side, like having him there meant things would be okay. 

He already felt protective of Tuvaq, so when he called out to him, he quickly emerged from the bushes he had been exploring and trotted over to him. I'm here, Acheron assured him, brushing against him as he sidled up next to him. Then, wondering if Tuvaq had any plans for them today, he asked: Where are we going? He had just followed along, keeping an eye on their surroundings and investigating anything that caught his attention. But he wondered now if there was a reason they had come here.
80 Posts
Ooc —
The contrast between their approach to this adventure was quite different, but at least they both had one thing in common. Tuvaq was just as relieved to have a traveling companion as Acheron. It had been a jarring realization when he'd come to the conclusion that he was lonely - that he could have always been lonely without realizing it. Closeness was not something he was familiar with, not in this way. It almost felt too good for him, if he were being honest. Like maybe Acheron wouldn't want to walk right up and brush against him if he knew just how dirty Tuvaq was. 

Was this boy already making Tuvaq want to be a better person? Gross. That was unsettling. All of this introspection and thinking about who he actually was and about his past was not something that Tuvaq did at all. 

Still, the relaxation that came with Acheron's appearance was immediate, and Tuvaq offered the freckled boy a smile, tail swishing behind him. 

"There's a lot of plants here," he offered by way of explanation. Some fruits, even, though not all would be in season. Still, the boy's eyes were drawn to an apple tree not far off to their left - Tuvaq wouldn't know, but the fruit would not be ready to eat yet. "I'm going to get an apple." For Acheron, of course, but he didn't need to say that. Tuvaq walked up to the tree and crouched beneath a lower branch, readying himself to jump.
Tuvaq is travelling with Acheron, who can jump into any of his threads at any time ^^
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
The mention of plants caused a pang of sadness in his chest; it reminded him of mom and home, and he felt guilty again for leaving. He wondered if that would ever change. Along with the guilt came a deep interest, though. He had always been filled with questions about his mom's healing and plants, and had picked up some stuff over the months. He had often watched his mom tend to their packmates as Kaistleoki's healer and in return, he knew how to clean wounds and the basic things to use for pain and to prevent infection. Of course, knowing these things and actually having to use the knowledge were two different things completely. Still, he was interested to know what kind of plants were here, and he followed close to Tuvaq until they stopped near a tree. 

An apple? He wasn't sure he had ever heard of that. What do you do with one of those, he asked, deep blue gaze lifting to look at the strange things hanging from the tree. Tuvaq stopped near the base of the tree and then lowered himself some as if he were going to jump. This worried Acheron a little, and he moved closer. Be careful, he gently warned. Whatever he had planned, it looked like a good way to get himself hurt, and he definitely didn't want that happening.
80 Posts
Ooc —
"You eat them," Tuvaq responded with a smile, then laughed at the warning. "I'm careful when I need to be." Which was almost never, if he were being honest, but if falling on his ass was the most pain that he would endure this week, he'd consider it a miracle. So he jumped and missed the branch, landing on all fours with a slight wobble. 

The boy huffed and shook his head. "One more try," he bargained with no one, jumping up again to fasten his teeth in the branch with the small green apples attached to it. 

Tuvaq dangled only briefly before the branch snapped and he tumbled to the ground with it in his mouth. Yes, it did hurt, but it wasn't near the worst pain he'd ever experienced, so he got up and shook his fur out. "Breakfast!" he announced, as if he were a real provider and not someone who just grabbed a couple of unripened apples, dropping the sour objects at Acheron's feet. "They're supposed to be super sweet. You'll like them."
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
He wondered what these Apples would taste like? He had never eaten anything like them, but he trusted Tuvaq and deduced that they must taste good if he was willing to go through so much trouble to get them down. His cavalier statement towards safety had Acheron frowning, though. You need to be careful all the time, he countered. Sure it wasn't always the most fun, but it was safe.

Acheron watched with concern as Tuvaq jumped up towards one of the lower hanging branches. He remained close so that he might be able to help him should he stumble or fall. The first try was unsuccessful, but the second try had him dangling from the branch for a brief, unsettling moment. He heard the branch break with a snap, and Tuvaq landed hard on the ground, small green apples scattering a little from where he landed. Acheron rushed forward, concern on his face. But his friend seemed to brush it all off and announce that they now had breakfast. He seemed okay, so the freckled boy would only offer him a sigh before picking up the apple closest to him and lying down with it. 

He rested the fruit between his paws and looked to Tuvaq with a shy smile. Thanks, he offered. Then he picked up the food and took a big bite. He chewed three times and then froze. It was awful. He had never tasted anything so revolting. He wished he could have pretended it was good for his friend's sake since he had nearly hurt himself to get the food, but it was just too bad. He stood and splattered the partially chewed apple on the ground near his paws, spitting a few times to try and get all the remnants out. The taste clung to his tongue, though, and he looked to Tuvaq, discomfort scrunching his face some. Are you sure we're supposed to eat these? he asked. He felt guilty for his reaction, but it was just so bad.
80 Posts
Ooc —
So nervous, Tuvaq thought with a light chuckle, even after he fell to the ground. It was almost adorable, seeing Acheron's concern for him - which may have been the first time since he was a toddler that anyone had done so for him. There certainly were a lot of firsts with Acheron, he was finding, and it wasn't at all unpleasant, even though it really should've been. 

Huh. That wasn't the reaction one was supposed to have to an apple. Tuvaq reached down to pick up one of the small green fruits in his own mouth and bit down, chewing just a few times before the taste really hit him. Sour and bitter and altogether really gross, but definitely an apple. The blond let his mouth fall open and the remnants of the fruit fall onto the ground, wrinkling his muzzle in a wince. 

"Yeah, uh... well, we're supposed to be able to," he reasoned, looking up at the tree as though it was a personal betrayal. A frown crept across his maw and he turned to Acheron. "They don't usually taste like that. I wasn't trying to give you something bad," he assured, briefly concerned that his friend might be upset with him for the mistake. "They really are sweet. Most of the time."
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuvaq bit into his own apple despite having watched Acheron's reaction. But it seemed his own fruit was just as bad. He spit it out, his face wrinkling much like he imagined his own had. 

Acheron followed his gaze up to the tree, wondering if maybe this was just another kind but deciding it didn't matter much. So when Tuvaq apologized, he frowned and shook his head. I know you didn't, he assured him. It's not your fault they taste bad, he offered, a small smile curving his lips. Then he trotted over and plopped down in his friend's space, rolling over onto his side and peering up at Tuvaq as a soft sigh lifted the side of his chest. I'm sure there are other things to eat for breakfast, he said, but he didn't look as though he was in much of a hurry. The taste still lingered in his mouth, and he was happy just to spend time with Tuvaq, regardless of what they were doing.
80 Posts
Ooc —
Tuvaq was still vastly disappointed in what he deemed to be an inadequacy, having thought he'd give his companion a nice, delicious breakfast. Maybe, he decided, the trees were like flowers. Maybe the apples took a while to get ready to eat like a flower got ready to bloom. He'd come back in a couple months to test that theory. 

A smile curled on his own maw when the freckled boy came and rolled over beside him, close enough that the fur on his side brushed against Tuvaq's leg. Now was one of those times he needed to be careful, like he had said earlier. Acheron was so trusting and willing to be there, in Tuvaq's space, and Tuvaq wondered if it would still happen if the other boy knew that he was kind of like those apples. He looked fine on the outside, but on the inside? Sour and bitter and gross. 

What was he supposed to do now? Tuvaq slowly moved to sit, and then lay down on his belly, still looking down at the boneless wolf in front of him. "Don't say that too loud," he teased, with more confidence than he felt. "I told ya, there was this big spooky wolf wandering around that likes to drink blood. He might think you'd make a good breakfast." His eyes flashed playfully and he tensed a bit, getting ready to pounce. "Liiike.... this!" Tuvaq jumped forward in an attempt to fasten his teeth onto Acheron's scruff, an exaggerated growl escaping him and tail waving.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuvaq stood over him for a few moments, smiling, which made a strange warmth spread in Acheron's stomach; it was a strange feeling he didn't recognize. This feeling seemed to pop up at the most random times but always while in the company of his friend. It was usually sparked but some expression he noted on Tuvaq's face or by something he said. The feeling seemed to come and go more often now too, like it was somehow tied to how comfortable he was becoming around the pale boy. He had little time to think much more on it, though. Tuvaq brought up the blood drinking wolf again, stating that he might like to make Acheron his breakfast—to which, he raised a challenging eyebrow. 

He was about to announce that he wasn't afraid, and if this spooky wolf came around then he would protect them, but his words were very quickly forgotten. He probably gave Tuvaq a slightly confused look before he registered what he was actually doing. His friend's teeth playfully held his scruff, and Acheron wriggled a little, not because he was uncomfortable or anything; it was quite the opposite. He wanted to flip over more on his back so that he could slide his front legs around Tuvaq's neck, and attempt to offer a playful bite to his soft, fluffy chest. A low, warm chuckle vibrated from his chest as he attempted to maneuver himself.
80 Posts
Ooc —
Warning - sexual thoughts. 

A delighted laugh escaped the boy when his companion played along rather than getting upset at their proximity. Paws - big and clumsy like his own - came up around his neck and Acheron was pulling him down, teeth connecting with his chest. For just a few moments, Tuvaq was relaxed and playful, not really afraid of hurting the other boy but still being so, so careful not to - just in case. 

The blond mouthed at Acheron's ears, letting out eager, playful growls intermitted by laughter. When was the last time he'd played like this? Tuvaq wasn't sure. All he knew was that he was enjoying this time with Acheron far more than he'd enjoyed being alone. 

He hadn't realized how much he needed this type of interaction before now. Having been severely hypersexualized before, it tended to leech on him, made him crave it like some kind of drug. Even now, it tugged on the back of his mind, reminding him of their position - the vulnerability of it all. Passing his tongue over Acheron's ear, afraid he'd nipped it too hard, he leaned back and tipped his head to the side. "Hey, spots, mind if I ask you something?" he began, not putting his weight on the other boy as he looked down at him.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
It was a moment he knew he would often think about: the complete contentment that came with their comfortable closeness as playful teeth nipped his ears. Any laughs emitted by Tuvaq were met with Acheron's own soft laughter as his teeth found a gentle hold on the fur of his companion's neck. 

Whatever vulnerability he offered Tuvaq was given innocently and without his conscious knowledge. He trusted him already, which probably said something to how sheltered he actually was. Although, his friend had never given him reason not to trust him. Teeth nipped his ear harder than before, but it wasn't painful. The sensation was soon followed by the warmth of a tongue gentlly drawing over the same place. The feeling surfaced again—warm and soothing but also a little confusing. His hold on whatever fur he had in his mouth slackened a little and his eyelids lowered some before slowing drawing back up when Tuvaq's words broke through the peaceful moment. He turned his head just enough so that he could look up at his friend. What's up? he asked. He wondered what might be going through the other boy's mind in this moment.
80 Posts
Ooc —
If Tuvaq had been thrown to the wolves - in every sense of the word, except for physical scarring, because his mother had not appreciated that - it was clear Acheron had not. Otherwise he wouldn't let a wolf he'd just met less than a week ago straddle him like he currently was. The thought made Tuvaq feel sick, like maybe he didn't deserve to be close like this. Like he was doing something very wrong. 

"Do... is this..." He huffed out a sigh from his nose, looking back down at the freckled wolf. "Is this something that... happens? Am I doing something..." Wrong? Bad? Immoral? "...that makes you uncomfortable?" A sheepish laugh then, colored with uncertainty. "I just, y'know, didn't really grow up with siblings," or friends or parents, "...so you gotta tell me if I do something wrong. Like if I hurt you."
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
Something Tuvaq would learn eventually was that Acheron was not the type to do things he didn't want to do. If he felt uncomfortable about something, he would gladly make his concerns known. His family had always been one that encouraged honesty, despite the very big secret his mom had kept from them all. Aside from that, he had never felt like he couldn't voice his feelings, and that wasn't likely to change now, given he understood them all, of course. 

He watched Tuvaq stumble around what he wanted to say, a concerned frown slowly forming on his face. Some of the things he said needed further explanation, but Acheron started with the things he could answer first. You're not making me uncomfortable, he firmly assured him. I would tell you if you were. He paused, gaze seeking the other boy's. I like this, he said gently. It makes me feel...happy and relaxed, he offered. You're definitely not hurting me, but I promise I will tell you if that changes. A smile lifted one side of his mouth, but it was soon replaced by another frown. But will you promise me the same? he asked. I'd hate to do something to hurt you or make you uncomfortable. He naively assumed that others were just as upfront about everything as he was, but he wanted to make sure anyway. 

As for his first question, Acheron finally came back to it. And I don't know if this is something that happens between other friends, he continued. I don't have much experience with friends or anything. Before you, I just had my family and the other adults in my pack, so this is all new for me. He paused to nip playfully at Tuvaq's cheek. But I like it, and it doesn't make me uncomfortable. he wanted his friend to have no doubts there.
80 Posts
Ooc —
That was another difference between the two of them. Tuvaq would absolutely do something he didn't want to do, if he had to. That was part of the reason why he had wanted to get out on his own so badly, because then at least he'd be out from under his mother's paw. Or, well, not necessarily her, but the other wolves. The ones who had held the power over him.

To his relief, Acheron denied what he'd been asked. Tuvaq wasn't hurting him, or making him uncomfortable, and better yet he'd tell him if he did veer into that territory. But Tuvaq knew he could control himself - he wasn't anything like those horndogs he'd had most of his experiences with. He wondered if it showed on his face, the level of surprise he felt when Acheron turned the question back on him. The emotion he felt in his chest was something he'd never experienced before. It felt almost like heartburn. Has anyone ever asked me that before? 

"I'll tell you," he whispered, face burning when his voice wouldn't raise any further than that for the moment. 

So they were in the same boat there. It was comforting to know that this was new for him, too. "Yeah," he agreed, grateful that his voice was not as hoarse as before. "Before this, I had my mom and... some adults." Were they a pack or a brothel? It had been relatively unclear. Hazel eyes shut briefly when Acheron nipped at his cheek and he offered the other boy a small smile. "I like this too. I'm glad you decided to be my friend."
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
The surprise did show on his face, and it pulled at Acheron's protective streak for reasons he couldn't really figure out. It was as if his subconscious was registering something his conscious mind hadn't yet processed. And the choked answer he received only made things more confusing. 

So they were both new at this; something about that made him appreciate this whole thing even more. He beamed up at Tuvaq. I'm glad too, he assured him. This more than he even could have hoped for. The thought of leaving had been drifting around in his thoughts for a while now, but he had never anticipated having someone with him once he left home; it made things seem less overwhelming. 

His expression shifted, though, to concern again as he took the conversation back some. Why did you seem surprised that I want to know if I'm hurting you or making you uncomfortable? he bluntly asked. No sense in keeping it to himself and overthinking it to pieces.
80 Posts
Ooc —
Tuvaq realized he'd been leaning over the other boy for a while now, and so he stepped back, allowing Acheron room to get up if he wanted to. The blond licked his maw, a nervous twitch, when he was asked about his reaction. Well, fuck. He'd have to work on that. 

"Oh, it's not a big deal," he assured, a smile forming on his muzzle. "There's just not a whole lot of people in the world who give a shit about if they hurt you or make you uncomfortable." 

He'd leave it there. It wasn't worth going into the details, of how wolves would take from you whatever they wanted. And that sometimes parents didn't always protect you from it. "Don't worry your little freckled head," he teased, reaching up to push at Acheron's shoulder with one paw. If he were human, he might be pinching those freckled cheeks to mess with him.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuvaq moved away, putting space between them, and he wondered why? Had he done something wrong? Asked the wrong question? Acheron sat up and stared at him. The way he blew off is question was weird. He was right, there were plenty out there that would hurt you without one thought to your feelings, even sheltered Acheron knew that, but he hadn't really answered the question. And the way he told him not to worry? That seemed kind of odd too. Acheron's mind swam, easily going into its normal overthinking pattern. He worried about everything, really, and now that Tuvaq was his friend, he would worry about him too—no matter how many times he told him not to. His gaze moved to the place where Tuvaq's paw had touched his shoulder and stayed there for a few moments before lifting back to search his companion's face. 

It kind of seemed like a big deal, he pushed, remembering the way his tone had changed—how strange his words had sounded. Some might drop it, but he wasn't used to letting go of things when his questions weren't answered properly.
80 Posts
Ooc —
"Well, maybe it kind of is. I don't know." Tuvaq felt his heart rate pick up and he started to feel a little cagey; like maybe he was trapped. Which was a bizarre feeling for the boy, who'd never really worried about this until now. Now that he had someone here that seemed so innocent and good and like they really didn't deserve all of Tuvaq's baggage. After all, he was dealing with it just fine on his own. He would continue to do so. 

The blond cleared his throat and fought to keep himself still, so he didn't pace or jitter or leave. Acheron didn't deserve his erratic behavior, either. 

Really, he almost told him, right there, but there was something that kept stealing the words back into his mouth and letting them die on his tongue. But he was backed into a corner and... well, he had to say something, didn't he? "I just... don't want to talk about it, okay?" he asked, shoulders tense and gaze cast to the side. "I'd rather eat five of those apples and step on a thorn than do... that. It really isn't important, so can we drop it?" Maybe it was important, and he would talk about it eventually, but... not right now. Chartreuse eyes traveled up to meet blue. "Please."
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
He was beginning to see there was way more to this than he could have imagined, and he kind of felt bad for pushing. Kind of. Obviously he hated to see how much this clearly upset him, but how could they be friends and rely on each other if they couldn't be honest about stuff. It was his experience, as limited as it was, that the truth was always better. And when faced with a situation where he thought there was more to what was being offered, he was always going to push, at least at first. 

But watching him struggle so much was painful, and it upset Acheron in a way that was just as confusing as this whole situation. It was apparent that someone had hurt Tuvaq, and it stoked the freckled boy's hidden temper. There wasn't much that could make him lose his pragmatic composure, but hurting those he felt he should protect was definitely one of them. 

Even before the please that made his chest tighten, he had already decided he wouldn't push anymore. He hated that he had upset him so much. Okay, he offered, a hard swallow moving down his throat. I'm sorry, Tuvaq, he offered, standing and taking a hesitant step towards him. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, he promised, taking a seat again and offering him a reassuring smile. But if you change your mind, I'm here. he would leave it at that.
80 Posts
Ooc —
Much to the blond boy's relief, Acheron was willing to let go of the subject. At least for now. And he felt bad for not telling him, but... well, he wasn't ready. It was too much, too soon, and he was suddenly terrified that he was going to mess this up already. Which was strange, because before a week ago, he would not have expected to find someone that he wanted to be around this much. It kind of really sucked, but it also... made him very happy. 

"I'll... tell you. Just not right now," he murmured, shifting on his paws and looking off to the side. He really did feel bad about it - like he was somehow lying or being deceptive or something. The boy shook his head. "Don't be sorry. It's okay." A small smile formed on his maw and he shook his head, getting to his feet and leaning in to nip playfully at Acheron's cheek.

The boy cleared his throat and gestured over his shoulder. "Well, that was..." draining. "I could use a nap before we head back out."
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
Okay, he offered gently. Whenever you feel up to it. The tightening in his chest loosened some as the smile returned to Tuvaq's face, and then a shy smile curved his own lips as he felt the playful nip on his cheek. As much as he'd like to think this kind of thing wouldn't happen again, he knew it probably would. He hoped they could at least figure things as out as they went, and maybe Acheron could learn to be less intrusive. 

He nodded, realizing then that he was actually kind of tired. Yeah, come on, he said as he got to his feet and began to walk again. This place seemed as though there would be a decent thicket big enough for the two of them, so he began to scan the area as they moved, searching for a grouping of trees that looked promising. Thankfully, he didn't have to search too long before he found something that would work. He brushed against Tuvaq and trotted forward, stopping at the entrance. How's this? he asked.
80 Posts
Ooc —
Tuvaq was planning on telling the other boy. It would be difficult, because he spent so much time not thinking about it, but Acheron didn't seem like one to be detered. And if he were somehow lucky enough, he might not be judged too harshly for it. 

To his surprise, Acheron was still touchy, brushing up against him as they approached the little clearing that they could nestle in for the night. Tuvaq leaned into the touch and nearly tipped over before he realized Acheron had continued moving and wasn't standing next to him. 

"Looks good to me," he announced, tail wagging deliberately as he entered the little clearing. He was determined now to keep their mood up and not let Acheron feel too down. Tuvaq flopped down and stretched out, taking up most of the space on purpose, and shot a light grin up toward the freckled boy to see what he'd do about it.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
He smiled down at Tuvaq as he made sure to spread out and take up as much space as possible. Acheron read the playful challenge in his grin and wasted no time moving into the space and also flopping down, but directly behind him, sort of scooting him over some in the process but no too much. So the end result was Acheron somewhat draped along his back. Unless Tuvaq gave some indication that he wasn't okay with how close they were, he would rest his head gently on the side of his chest. 

He drew in a deep breath and then let it out in a long, contented sigh, licking his lips and looking over at his friend. Another reason I'm glad you're here, he said after a few moments. I'm not sure I could sleep alone for very long. He had always had a sister, or mom, or Emrik to share a space with at night when he slept, so being out here on his own would have probably meant he didn't get much sleep, at least at first. Plus, it was safer to sleep in a pair than on your own in a place where you didn't know anyone.
80 Posts
Ooc —
Tuvaq did not, in fact, mind the closeness at all. It was nice - all this casual touching and physical contact. He often initiated it with others, but with different intentions. Acheron didn't mean anything by it, he was sure, and it set him at ease as he folded against the freckled boy. It made his skin tingle.

"You actually help me sleep better," he commented, taking a deep breath and resting his head down on his paw. "I don't like sleeping alone, I think. I used to think I did." But this was better. Hazel eyes fell shut against the soft light permeating through the leaves. This had to have been the most peaceful he'd ever felt. "Maybe I don't like being alone at all."