Coconut Grove Imperfect, I'm imperfect
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Private 
@Minnow! Sorry for the long wait
He ventured down towards the distant sound of what he was told was ocean.
He'd never seen the ocean but knew Khepri was born there.
But now, he ventured there seeking out for himself what it was like. A passing packmate in Rusalka told him the saltwater helped with wounds. He had no idea why the ocean was salty, or really what salty was. He didn't lick rocks, and none in Blackfeather were salty anyway.

He wandered down towards some tall, bendy trees with big lumps on them. They were so very different from any other tree he'd seen, especially in Blackfeather.
There were a number of brown lumps in the soft stuff Tundra called sand.
He wandered over to one, curious but cautious.
Tentatively, he extended a paw and slapped one, bouncing backward immediately, waiting for it to move.
It didn't.

Rowan tilted his head, approaching once again to sniff it more.

| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
Moonglow
Zeta
378 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She was on the thin side but her winter coat had fallen yet so it wasnt very noticeable. Her dad was gone and now she had absolutely no body and the young female was on her own once more but she caught a scent and she decided to follow it until someone came of view. And it was someone she recognized. "Rowan?!" She called out.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He could hear movement off to the side of him.
Could it be a coyote? A lynx?
He inhaled the air deeply, testing it for traces of animal.
Too salty. He licked his nose and tried again, but then a voice called out.

"Minnow?!" His childhood friend, to which he was oblivious to the crush she had on him.
His tail wagged and he bounded over to her emerging form. She looked rather too fluffy for the heat that was emerging, which seemed scorching to him after the winter.

"I'm so glad I found you," he gushed, bowing before her, looking up. Hit butt wiggled with his tail, excitement bubbling in him.
| |
Moonglow
Zeta
378 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The female nudged the boy in a hug like way and she felt a burst of happiness flow through her as he spoke. "My dad left again and I just couldn't stay in my pack anymore. Everything was a reminder of who's left me." She smelt the scents lingering on his pelt. "Did you find a pack?" She questioned.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Dad?
The fuck was that? He might've heard the word once or twice before, but it never was the time to find out what it was.
"Was Dad close to you?" He inquired, unsure if it was a name or title, like Mama.

He nuzzled his nose into her, the weird rock in the sand forgotten.
"I'm not leaving you Minnow," he promised, regarding her for the moments.
"Yeah, I found a pack," he replied, "Rusalka. Though it's not that safe to stay. I got attacked by a woman in a pack not too far away and they took me in until I'm better."
He tilted his head, revealing the mangled skin.

He hoped she didn't get scared or discouraged. He didn't want Minnow to be in danger.
But she oohed and ahhed at the battle scar, and seemed rather concerned. But not too scared, which was good. 
Rowan turned and showed her the hairy rock before he decided he had to go back, it was starting to get late and Tundra would be wondering where he was.
So, he bid goodbye to Minnow, but made her promise to stick around for a while longer so he can find her on most days when he wasn't busy helping the pack.
| |