Wapun Meadow i heard a call in my sleep again
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
not entirely sure how you want to do this and i am just too new to know much, but whatever is fine with me 8)

At one time, Renard thought of combat only through the lens of winning or losing, in friendly tussles with siblings and actual fights with loners alike. Now they thought of it more as a curiosity than anything, and so it was with no real burning desire to come out the victor that they mirrored Praimfaya’s position, surrounded on all sides with tall tufts of wildflower and grass; a curious choice of combat arena.

For an extended moment they simply stood apart from each other, and it had to be said Renard was more used to quiet ambush than planned one-on-one combat, though one had to change with the times and it was not a technique they had the wherewithal to use much any longer. They weren’t stalking through the woods as part of a lesson, not winding their way after an unwelcome intruder; they’d left that behind, it seemed, along with the North. It might be to their advantage to wait, and see how she favored to begin – it might be to their advantage to strike out first, to get a feel for how she would respond to a strike.

It seemed likely they would have equal luck with either, considering those preestablished credentials, and in the end Renard simply went for the most obvious target, her left shoulder, bearing four scars still vivid among the white and grey fur.

It might not have been the fairest choice, but considering their history of conducting any attack with as much advantage as possible, Renard thought nothing of it.

Messages In This Thread
i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - May 29, 2020, 04:47 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - May 30, 2020, 02:27 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - May 30, 2020, 05:15 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - May 31, 2020, 03:04 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 01, 2020, 04:29 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 02, 2020, 11:35 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 04, 2020, 03:07 AM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 05, 2020, 12:43 AM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 07, 2020, 12:50 AM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 09, 2020, 12:29 AM