Silver Creek don't stop me now
devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes
69 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
All Welcome 
"Huh," Vasa remarked to herself; she had figured that the creek would have been claimed by now. Silver Creek remained vacant, allowing for her to explore as she pleased.  Vasa moved in a zig-zag formation, roving as various scents caught her attention; she didn't have a destination and sought to meander for now. 

Vasa stepped into the territory's namesake as Sunset began; the water ran crimson, reflecting the dying day. Unbothered, and entirely at ease, she drank, already feeling rejuvenated.
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
Sugar carefully untangled herself from @Avery before rising and stretching. She'd slept particularly well and felt quite refreshed. Time to head out again, she mused to herself, bending to lick between her sister's ears before swiveling and loping directly toward the borders.

She decided she wouldn't go far today. In fact, she stopped beside the neighboring creek for a long drink, then looked around at all the greenery growing by the water's edge. Sugar decided she would spend the day gathering supplies for her brand new cache.

The yearling roved a little further upstream, black eyes combing the bank. At some point, she glanced upward and saw Vasa. Sugar smiled around the word as she shouted, "Hey, Vasa!"
69 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Vasa lifted her head and turned at the sound of Sugar's voice. "Uh, hey!" she greeted in reply, instantly recognizing her relative. "I didn't expect to see anybody out here," she mused, as water droplets dribbled from her chin. Even though Silver Creek neighbored the Frosthawk's claim, Vasa had expected to be alone; regardless, she welcomed company.
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
She moved closer, tail waving slowly. She didn't know Vasa well at all, though she certainly recognized Raven's lookalike daughter. Vasa seemed a little surprised to see her here and Sugar huffed a laugh.

"If you were enjoying your alone time, I can make myself scarce," she offered good-naturedly. "I was just looking for stuff to add to my 'medicine cabinet,' so to speak. It'll never be as amazing as your mom's, of course, but..." She chuckled quietly again.
69 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
"Nah, you're good," Vasa assured SG with a shake of her head. "I was just stretchin' my legs a bit." She had been itchin' for an adventure for quite some time, but had lacked any motivation until now. 

The mention of Raven brought a smile to Vasa's face. Although she wasn't as gifted as her mother, she did know a thing or two about herbology. "I can help you, if you want," Vasa offered with a wave of her tail.
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
Actually, the longer Sugar looked at Vasa, the more she began to wonder if she didn't favor Quixote even more than Raven. Not that it mattered much. The offer distracted her a bit and she nodded quickly, happy to have a helping hand and for the opportunity to get to know a pack mate a bit better.

"Aye, I'd love some company. I'm not looking for anything specific, just grabbing anything that looks like it might be useful. I still need all the basic essentials," the "nomedic" explained, her attention returning to their surroundings. "There are plenty of plants near the water's edge. Just gather anything that catches your eye and we'll start a pile here." She indicated a sun-dappled patch of grass a few yards from the bank, then looked at Vasa to see if she had any questions before they began.
starin’ up at where
the moon should be
63 Posts
Ooc — Laur
*pops in!*

The sun was beginning to slowly disappear below the horizon, a relief for the thick-furred girl during these warmer months. She became more active at night; it was cooler, darker, a better time for hunting and tracking. So just as Vasa roamed, so too did Deshyr, following her friend’s trail at a distance (for no particularly nefarious reason, really).

After weaving in and out of the trees for a good while, she eventually came across the voice of both Vasa and the young Sugar Glider discussing something. There are plenty of plants near the water's edge. Ah, plants! Of course. Picking up the pace, Deshyr lightly jogged the rest of the distance to them, a grin plastered across her face as she shot a nod to her friend before looking curiously to her smaller companion.

”Hunting for herbs, hey?” she queried. ”Need another set of teeth?”
69 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
They weren't alone; unexpectedly, another Frosthawk sauntered onto the scene. Sugar Glider's went instructions were ignored for now, as Vasa was distracted by Deshyr's approach. "I didn't know the creek was so popular," she mused matter-of-factly with a swish of her tail. Perhaps her not knowing was a telling sign that she did need to get out more. 

To answer her packmates question, Vasa shrugged and offered, "I don't mind—dunno why Sugar would turn away more help."
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
The wink of a firefly momentarily ensnared Sugar's attention, right before another wolf materialized from the fading evening air. It took her a beat longer to place this one and remember a name, though her smile was quick. She appreciated the offer of additional help, remaining quiet as the other two bantered a bit.

"Hey, Deshyr," Sugar said, "happy to have you. We're not collecting anything in particular, just grabbing anything that looks useful. I still need even the most basic items in my inventory, like strips of bark and—" Sugar turned to glance at the creek. "Reeds," she said, eyeing the bounty along the shoreline.

Facing the other she-wolves again, Sugar said, "Well, let's make the most of whatever daylight's left, shall we?" With a quiet huff of laughter, she trotted north along the stream bed, nipping idly at fireflies as she went.
starin’ up at where
the moon should be
63 Posts
Ooc — Laur
DJ gave a sheepish laugh at Vasa's comment about the creek, deciding against explaining that she had actually been tracking her.

She did know Sugar Glider was a practicing medic, though, and so for them to be out here collecting some herbs for her cache made sense. Deshyr was actually quite thankful for that. The other girl was just so...small, really, it gave her anxiety to think of her doing anything else. She was capable, though, right? Most Blackthorns were. Still, she was glad SG had chosen this path over being some warrior or big game hunter.

"Reeds, hey?" she echoed, following the girl's gaze over to the water's edge, missing her second statement as she announced, "righto! I can grab those!" With that, she galloped over in her enthusiastic, coltish way, splashing into the shallows and beginning to nose through the long stalks growing there.
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
Wrapping since the others went inactive and I wanna use this for a trade!~

Sugar yawned. It was well past nightfall now, Vasa and Deshyr having wandered off some time ago, probably returning home for the night. She had thanked them profusely for their help and gazed now at the pile of greens the three of them had managed to gather, a tired smile on her face.

She should probably follow in their footsteps and get back. Avery would be wondering. But Sugar was loath to leave the stockpile unguarded and carrying it all back to the Frosthawks' territory would take several trips. She would rest now, here beside the creek, and call for her sister to help carry everything home in the morning.