Gilded Bay i was born in a lighthouse, where my mother lay
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
yunxu nods, feeling the tension flood out of him at her easy acceptance of the excuse. "yes. maybe we hunt together again."

platitudes he is good with, but he wouldn't mind. if huā is living in a forest with these people, it is a necessity to hunt with them the same. vallkyrie is capable, and if she is indeed at neverwinter with his sister, there is no need for him to be uneasy.

she bends to the seal. yunxu waits until she's started eating before he follows – there is no hierarchy here, but it still feels more comfortable, and allows him to keep his eye out.

he's never completely unaware of her presence, even as they eat. neither of them talk, but it still tugs persistently at the back of his mind, no matter that this level of suspicion is beginning to seem ridiculous. he eats slower than she does, too, careful and precise bites, and he isn't quite full when she finishes and sprawls out over the sand but abandons the rest of the carcass anyways, following her gaze out to sea.

ready as he was to leave, the question lingered in his mind. and she'd proven willing to answer them so far. "our family live only by the water. i surprised to hear huāzhēn leave coastline, even in the storms." yunxu takes a breath of seasalt air. "do you know if she have any others with her? she have two sisters, meizhen and yingyue." if she'd made it here, there was no reason the others couldn't as well.
sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
RE: i was born in a lighthouse, where my mother lay - by Yunxu - August 22, 2020, 10:26 PM