Emberwood There's a Thousand Reasons I Should Go About My Day
104 Posts
Ooc —
There was nothing more that needed to be said. With a trail in sight, Calhoun was quick to follow, no longer lowering his nose to the ground as he could gauge just how fresh the tracks were by their water level. He moved swiftly, no longer bogged down by the rain with a promised meal just out of his reach. The growling of his stomach fueled him as much as his God's blessing. It wouldn't take long for the tracks to grow and multiply as more prints came into sight. A telltale sign that a heard must linger in the vicinity.

With so many options, the male went back to his nose, following the strongest scents amongst the rain until a small group could be spotted grazing and taking shelter under the canopy of the trees that towered above. At long last, his heart pounded with excitement at the sight. They were not elk either, meaning free game in the eyes of the High Elk. Calhoun let out a quiet chuff to garner the attention of his hunting mate as he crouched down to the mud. They only had one shot and therefore needed to make the right pick the first time or both would go home hungry.

Few males traveled with the group, something that would be lucky given their spearing antlers. Most seemed to linger close to one another, perhaps aware of how hungry a wolf might be or desperate especially now with the rain to hunt in this gloomy weather. Only two seemed to wander further than the rest, they would have to do. If a weaker member was amongst the center of their group they would straggle out in a run, but there were only two of them with odds stacked against them. Again, they could not afford to fail as there would be no second time.

A glance was cast once more to Aliana looking for her input. He might be a great hunter, but both would be unfamiliar with each other's tactics. They must be on the same page if they were to be successful, Which one has caught your eye?
#B22222 , pawprint, Calhoun's Playlist 5/5* 6/10*, * = incomplete threads

Cal has family members up for adoption including his half brother!
Messages In This Thread
RE: There's a Thousand Reasons I Should Go About My Day - by Calhoun - November 08, 2020, 05:45 PM