Sheepeater Cliff even though I can no longer reach you
61 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Umi's positivity was infectious, and Haruki soon found himself believing as well as she that they would find Reiko in no time. As she tested the air, so too did the pup, though his senses were not as honed as the cougar's own. The scent of the nearby body of a bird was foul smelling and unfamiliar to Haruki, whose nose scrunched up in disgust as he came across the trail. He immediately pivoted away from it and began following in a zig-zag pattern just behind his feline friend.

Her sweeping, silent strides were a stark contrast to the slap, slap, slap of the boy's clumsy, heavy-footed steps upon the wet ground. It was a good thing stealth wasn't the goal here. The cry of a squirrel caught Haruki's attention, and his head whipped up along with Umi's. His gaze flit to her as she released a strange, guttural chirping sound that scared it off, causing the prince to wonder if that cat was afraid of squirrels. They seemed pretty harmless to him so far, but maybe she knew something about the creatures that those of the Empire did not.

Umi's sing-song call interrupted his thoughts, and Haruki ran to fall into step beside her. "MUUU-UUUUMMMM!" he bellowed, head tilted all the way back. It wasn't like Reiko to disappear for so long, especially without telling anyone. "I dunno where she could have gone," he then mumbled much more quietly, as if to himself as his ears fell back.
Messages In This Thread
even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 01, 2020, 09:48 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 01, 2020, 11:34 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 02, 2020, 10:18 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 03, 2020, 12:04 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 05, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 06, 2020, 10:42 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 09, 2020, 03:16 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 09, 2020, 11:35 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 10, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 10, 2020, 08:52 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - October 21, 2020, 02:31 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - October 25, 2020, 11:45 PM