Blackfoot Forest Sunshine Hunt
12 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
Phoebus was sure he had a scent down. After the deluge, Phoebus thought that a forest would have been the best area to get hunting for prey. Even if a meadow or field would have been better, the forest? It gave so much more cover.

Nose to the ground, sniffing about. Phoebus occasionally lifted his head to cast a glance to his companion.

@Lainie
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Admittedly she had been silent and letting him lead for a reason. Nose to the ground she had the scent he'd been following and under the trees where the rain had hit less, she was able to hold more strongly onto it through the moisture. It wasn't something she'd caught onto before though she knew how the smell hooved animals carried and it was definitely an ungulate. Catching Phoebus's gaze she moved ahead of him her tail straightening out but lifting somewhat in a silent signal that she'd take it from there before she returned her focus to the scent, the world fading around her as she sorted prey from mud, root, flaura and water her paws moving faster than she noticed until she spotted them. Two medium sized fat short snouted beasts one with tusks and the other without stood one facing them and one away, using their faces to dig through mud occasional coming up with a mouthful of what appeared to be worms and chewing before resuming their disgusting task. Lainie shivered at the thought of a worm in her mouth and then ducked behind a tree peeking out at the two prey creatures "I've never seen them before. Those horns on that one's snout look really sharp though" she assumed that going for the tuskless one and chasing off the dangerous one would be smart and easy.

I'm making a hunt thread in Tabletop. I'll tag you
12 Posts
Ooc —
Phoebus had expected less. Something more of a deer, maybe a wounded buck. Or some other somewhat weak herbivore. Even a young. But this was...well, it was not what he had seen coming. He snorted at the dirt, as if to damn his nose for bringing them to this creature. His nose tickled. Phoebus stayed back from the animals, they had to approach it lightly...

"Boars. Lots of meat. Lots...would be plenty for that pack you mentioned. But with such a reward, comes risk. Those tusks, I haven't seen them in action before but I have heard of them tear through others" he said to Lainie, trying to think up a way to do this. "One of us should draw the male's attention. The one with the tusks. The female will hopefully run..." But his voice had doubt.
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Lainie hated to do it but she motioned him toward the male boar "I'd likely get myself killed"  at that she verged right and headed for the boar while Phoebus took to her left. Before they could be spotted she leaped into action making sure she focused on keeping her hind end strong as she bolted for the female boar. In seconds things went to hell as there was a deep, guttural but pitchy scream and she whipped her head around to see the tusked Boar going for Phoebus. Her heart leaped into her throat as she imagined those talon sharp thick white sticks of ivory impaling the pretty patch of sunlight on her friend's chest and her paws decided for her. Leaping toward the left she slammed into her companion and felt a quick hot rush of pain as the tusks pierced through the upper left spot between her shoulder and chest, near the armpit. Choking on a cry instinct took over and she saw red her jaws parting and emerald eyes going feral as she twisted her head and gripped the boar by the side of the throat. Sinking her teeth in she felt it's pulse thrumming against her gums and tongue and squeezed harder, shaking her head with a throaty growl until her insiscors ripped the jugular open and a burst of blood brought a rush of euphoria. Forgetting the tusk deep within her flesh she hung tight letting every pulse bask her in more of the prey's warm blood and though she'd not be aware of it there was a blank and feral expression in her eyes. Never had she taken something so strong, so wild down before and for a moment she thought in a haze of adrenaline and shock induced illucidity she saw her father standing in the distance with a smile. Then in a split second she crashed to reality as the boar gave it's last heaving breath and went limp, the weight of it's head dropping causing the tusk to slide free leaving a wide hole inches deep that pulsed with blood though nowhere near as bad as the boar had between her jaws. Sucking in a breath she dropped the creature and stared down at it feeling detached from the situation and looking up to Phoebus "It was gonna get you" she said softly as the adrenaline faded and the pain of her injury hit the shock sapping the energy from her body. With a slow sway her hind end hit the ground and she lowered her maw to lap at her wound "I can't feel it and it's bleeding pretty bad which is probably not a good combination of effects. I need moss if you can find some?" 
12 Posts
Ooc —
Phoebus glanced to the male boar. The big, meaty, mean, deadly boar...but he knew that he could not just leave her to face that beast. Phoebus had quite the thoughtful look about himself. He headed left, prowling to the dirt...before he was in the open, giving off a bark aloud. The boar turned on him, letting out a scream. It charged, and Phoebus was just about ready to give it such a chase of a lifetime.

Till something hit him in the side. For a moment he thought the female had gotten away from Lainie and decided to take him on. He fell on his side, lifting his gaze in surprise to see Lainie had gone down. Phoebus could only watch in shock and surprise, till the boar went limp.

He got himself up. The female had run off, but his focus was on her right now. [b]"I...it was the pl...are you okay?"[/b] He was just...stunned that she did that. Her talking got him out of it, and he went off to get moss in a hurry.