Noctisardor Bypass But a message to depress
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Backdated as mentioned! IDK how much, rofl. ANYHOO. Quick starter just so I don't forget/get threads outta order :P

After returning home with her children, Warlock had debriefed her about @Alexandre. A new member might be nice. And it sounded like he'd be easy to spot even if she hadn't scented him on the way in. So, after depositing the children under Warlock's watch, she headed out to seek him.

She was still not in a particularly good mood. After all that had happened, why would she be? It hadn't been a pleasant trip, and things weren't seen as the greatest here. Kaertok was unreliable at best, but combine it with being a willing liar -- oathbreaker -- she had no desire to see him ever again unless it was to take a chunk of his hide. And that was probably why after a bit she just stopped trailing old trails and outright howled for him. She was close enough to the lake that she believed he'd be able to show up promptly.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
59 Posts
Ooc — Van
Alexandre had been hanging out around the borders since his talk with the kid. This seemed a good place to stick with for the winter, and who knows? Maybe he'd actually end up liking it here.

So when the leader called for him, it wasn't unexpected. He approached the sound, ears angled forward and head tilted to the side. Her size was not expected - she was taller than him, broader. A highly impressive woman, with eyes that were just as sharp as his. 

Alexandre approached and immediately dipped his head, gaze flicking up to meet hers. 

"You're the leader of Legion," he stated, a small, polite smile forming on his maw. "My name is Alexandre St. Clair. I spoke with a boy here a few days ago - Warlock, if I remember correctly, - about possibly joining your pack. Of course, I would need to speak with you first." And hopefully make a good impression, which was why he kept his head lowered and his posture subdued.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
The wolf that answered had been described as distinctive, but she hadn't been expecting the one who arrived. She had been expecting maybe someone with a lot of scars, or maybe somehow deformed -- Warlock hadn't been too clear on his description, and now she saw why. She hadn't seen a wolf with those patterns before.

She dipped her head slightly, both greeting and affirmation of what he said, I am Arbiter. Since he'd already gone and answered the basic questions that usually got asked, Arbiter figured she'd take a slightly different approach with her additional questioning while she got a better idea of who he was, He said you did some of everything. Fighting, hunting, other things. I expect you'll prove your worth in that clearly enough over time. Before coming here, were you in the area long? Did you know much of the packs farther afield? Not to mention, such information was always useful.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
59 Posts
Ooc — Van
Arbiter was striking, to say the least. Large, wearing a cape of darker fur over a sheet of white. Eyes that were every bit as sharp as his own. She was regal, his mind supplied as an adjective. Of course, being the gentleman that he was, he kept that to himself. For now. 

It was simply in his nature to assess his conversation partner. A survival tactic. 

"I do. I've never particularly excelled in any field, but I do know a bit of everything. I've found it more useful throughout my life," he explained, a steady smile remaining on his maw. "And yes, I was. I don't know much, really, but I did meet a man over on the mountain by the name of Kynareth. Said he leads the Saints. Apparently they're a pretty violent bunch." He shook his head. "I'm not one to fight unnecessary battles, so it wasn't the place for me. I figured it would probably be good to be on the lookout for them, just in case."

He blinked slowly, looking around the clearing they were in. "I was looking for a place that used their heads more than their hearts. I'll fight, if I need to, but I've found that most conflicts can be worked through without pointless injuries if we just think it through first," he explained. "I've heard that you're quite a good leader. If you'd let me, I'd like to prove myself to you." Loyalty was a big thing here, was what that kid said. Alexandre could be loyal, for the right people.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Interesting. So Donovan or Kynareth or whatever had crossed Alexandre's path too.. Mm. They've gained themselves quite the reputation. They came here trying to ask for an alliance but it didn't go as planned for them. I wasn't impressed. That was the most polite summary she could think of, at least. There's another pack to be wary of here -- they're south a ways, Ursus. Their leader is unstable at best. Great neighbors, both, weren't they? If there's one thing I've learned in these wilds is that for the most part fights aren't necessary. For good or for bad. Most seem to want to live their own lives, but there are those who live on trouble. Those are the ones we prepare for. The Saints. Ursus. Whatever else might be beyond.

It might not be the most loudly-spoken ambition, but at least by wanting to prove himself, it seemed like there was some hope there. It would be nice to find a wolf who actually desired to do greater things... Time would tell. There will certainly be opportunities for you to do so. There is also plenty of room for advancement if that's something you desire. As it is, deeds and time will prove your worth. And if you cross paths with my younger children, they would likely do well with education from others other than myself, if you want another opportunity. Perhaps it would also teach them a thing or two about the benefits of not straying from the pack. The good things were here.
59 Posts
Ooc — Van
"They do not seem to be impressive to me. Their approach to creating allies and sustaining their pack long term seemed... primitive." Fight, fight, fight. It didn't seem to matter to the striped beast that his pack might end up decimated in the future if they kept that up. And apparently they weren't the only ones - Ursus might also pose some problems for them later on. Alexandre sighed softly. "Well, I have been in a few fights in the past. I certainly don't mind defending the pack, but I also will not be out picking fights. I'd prefer to avoid them - and I'm happy that we seem to share the same opinion on that." It would make things vastly more simple.

Room to advance within the pack? Alexandre was never too power hungry, but... "Advancement?" he questioned, a small smile forming on his maw. "I wouldn't be opposed, of course. But that will have to come with time - I want to be able to prove my worth and to make the pack stronger by being part of it." There was no rush. Alexandre was never one to run headlong into anything, so when he did desire to move up in rank, he'd make sure it was something he deserved.

"Children younger than the boy I met at the borders," Alexandre guessed, as Warlock might not be technically classified as a child anymore. But he was close enough, at Alexandre's age. "I don't have much experience with children, but I'll do my best if I find any teachable moments," he assured with a small smile, tail swishing behind him.

"Would you mind showing me around the territory?" he inquired then, tilting his head to the side as he regarded her. He'd like more opportunity to speak with her, but he wouldn't push it if she didn't have the time.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Good. As long as opinions seemed to agree that they weren't exactly high on the forethought scale. If they were backed up by brains maybe she'd take them as a more serious threat than "random people who might attack because no particular reason." I'm hoping that those that seek to bother us manage to spend all their time dealing with their own internal problems. It was a dark sort of musing but mostly because she enjoyed the thought of them fighting amongst themselves. They deserved it.

There will be time and opportunity. So I look forward to seeing what you'll do. A certain amount would be left up to him, though -- couldn't have her direct everything, that would be no fun. And about the children, Yes. They're.. Well, not infants. Treat them as you would an inexperienced adult and that should be fine. It wasn't like Arbiter babied them much past a certain point. Okay, they weren't allowed outside the territory for a while now but that was more like putting a foot down to prevent foolishness rather than being all gentle and stuff. 

She nodded, Did you venture much around the lake? Most of the landmarks worth knowing are easy to find from there. She pointed her nose and path in that direction.
59 Posts
Ooc — Van
"I certainly have no plans to bother them," he assured the woman truthfully. What would Alexandre have to gain by pestering a group of homicidal maniacs? Nothing good, he assumed. So he'd stay out of it as much as possible. 

A slight smile crossed his maw. He was excited to see what his life would be like, here. It seemed far more put-together than Kynareth's bandwagon. The idea of teaching children was foreign to him - a bit stressful, really, but he'd do what he had to do. At least they weren't little children. Surely they'd be able to understand him when he spoke. "I'll try my best," he responded, tail swishing slowly behind him. 

A shake of his head followed her question. "I haven't. I didn't want to step on any toes by exploring too close," he responded, tilting his head to the side and following her. "From what I've seen, though, you have a beautiful home." His home now, too. That was a weird thought. 

//We can fade soon ^^
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Yep! We can make a new thread but uhhh. Probably has to be before Haunt wandered off because I have no idea how long that's taking. XD So slightly backdated. HMU and lemme know if I should start.

Then it's a place we should go. It's a good place to start hunts as well -- everything needs water after all. And so that was where they walked. It would take a little while to get there.

She nodded. I've lived in several places through the wilds here. They all have their good and bad aspects. I'm not sure where the Saints are exactly, but I think they may live near where the pack first settled. One of the mountains there -- but I haven't been back since we left it. She kind of wondered if she should. Would it be good or bad memories? Lost Creek Hollow had been a mixed bag... So far, not much good had happened in the Bypass.

Still, if he had questions about the past history of the pack, she'd be happy to answer, otherwise they could do the tour.