Hideaway Strath i watched the work of my kin, bold and boyful
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
you're fine, sorry for the wait. muse has been low with medical concerns. <3 btw a H-meno'ob is a Mayan term for a healer/shaman.

The waif held still as best she could, spindly limbs tucked neatly beneath her and the swan's curve of her sweeping neck turned aside as Vein picked at the wounds she couldn't reach, finding it was not such a difficult task. The needling of his teeth nibbling, the stinging stabs as the tiny bits of scab were plucked clean, were muted in comparison to past pains. She bore it silently, waiting patiently for the H-meno’ob to finish his work on her nape. "It's not so bad," she reassured the gentle giant when he had finished pasting the plantain leaves on her wounds. The selkie reached up momentarily, stretching her skinny muzzle so that she could flick her tongue soothingly over his chin. She settled back against the rock as he moved away, watching with curiosity as the pallid titan worked. 

"I am nae denying that yer vork is amazing...an' I am very grateful," Aerin murmured lowly, reluctant to disturb him. "But I 'ave never seen 'ealing like yers. Most 'ealers -- myself included -- vould simply smash or chew some goosegrass or 'orsetail fer ze vound before wrapping it in cobwebs an' giving ze patient some chervile. 'ow an' why did yer people think to use ze methods ye do?" She asked, wondering where such healers might come from, where they had learned such revolutionary methods. 

"I vill be okay," Aerin tried to reassure Vein with a smile as she said it, though she felt her muscles tensing as she smoothed her features into an expressionless sort of mask -- determined not to let on how much pain she was in, no matter how bad it stung. 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
i watched the work of my kin, bold and boyful - by Necahual - February 15, 2021, 07:00 PM
RE: i watched the work of my kin, bold and boyful - by Necahual - March 14, 2021, 06:09 PM