Hideaway Strath We could've been doing this all along
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

When the call came, Aerin felt her ears jerk skyward in elated surprise. It seemed it was time for Nyra's pups to make an appearance. As it happened, she was away from the den and her medicine supplies but remembered that @Vein (slight pp here, lmk if I need to edit) had mentioned wanting to work on some tasks around their dwelling that morning. Aerin had dedicated the morning to curing a few hides from her recent hunts, working diligently to make them soft for bedding down a whelping den. 

Promptly, the pale mother began to gather up the two soft pelts she was finishing before letting loose a howl of her own for her husband to meet her at Nyra's den with the special 'birthing bag' they'd been creating to keep all their midwifery supplies in for the duration of this year's breeding season. One could never be too careful and they wanted everything on hand, at the ready, if one of the Saint's she-wolves or their offspring needed assistance.

That taken care of, the Bonesplinter grabbed her furs and took off as fast as she could safely do so -- not quite able to bound and leap so effortlessly now that her body was changing subtly with the signs of new life growing within. Still, her small belly didn't yet hinder her movements unduly and she arrived at the Overseer's whelping den before too long. 

The midwife called out softly around the hides that muffled her tones, waiting for the battle maid to respond before entering the den and setting the furs aside. Perhaps they might come in handy during the delivery of Nyra's pups, or maybe the new mother might like them as a sort of welcoming gift for her bairns -- soft hides to wrap them in and for them to sleep on for warmth. 

"'ello, lady Nyra," the combat medic greeted softly, soothingly, moving to sit nearby and allow the woman someone to lean on -- literally if she felt the inclination with the pain of her contractions. Her friend had no husband and she knew not if the father would be attending, though she hadn't smelt or seen him around the den. She did not want the first time mother to feel that she was alone, without the support of someone who cared about the well-being of her and her unborn (as of yet anyways) children. 

"'ow long 'ave ze pains been coming now?" She asked in similar hushed tones, hoping to pinpoint where the pale she-wolf was in her labor. 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
We could've been doing this all along - by RIP Fury - May 06, 2021, 03:42 PM
RE: We could've been doing this all along - by Necahual - May 07, 2021, 03:43 PM
RE: We could've been doing this all along - by Vein - May 08, 2021, 12:32 PM
RE: We could've been doing this all along - by Vein - May 30, 2021, 11:25 AM