Duskfire Glacier when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Although the thread has yet to be completed I do know Rye will be slightly aggressive/moody, in short he's gonna be very dismissive of help. Though, if you'd like, you can wait until I get a reply up to get the full scope of what he will do! Welcome to powerplay small movements as needed. 

Lane returned with a small spit of fire but it confused Rye, his ears twisted backwards as comprehension of the conversation faded from his expression. His eyes searched between the trees, darting between the pines and bushes scattered in the distance, as if the answer to his confusion would be found there. Was he losing it? Concern was grabbing hold of the emotional reins as thoughts of sudden memory loss surfaced in his mind. He began to wonder if he'd said something and forgot it only moments afterwards. For a second time, Rye retraced his actions and words in hopes of sparking the possible forgotten memory but the more he thought, the more confidence he had in himself that he didn't forget. His eyes returned to the female, an inkling of confusion clear in his features. "What do you mean? I don't think I said anything about your pregnancy." Ryes voice slowly transitioned back into uncertainty mid sentence, continuing as he quickly spoke again. "Did I?" Perhaps he shouldn't be so quick to rule out the possibility.
Hearing that he wasn't an easy patient made Rye awkwardly wear a lopsided frown, the other side of the frown was too busy being chewed on. What did he do? Or worse, what did he say?! The hotah wanted to know every word uttered from his mouth but with truth came the responsibility of apologizing and making up for his mistakes. That was a hard slice of meat to swallow, he could never do it right. Hell, he still hasn't apologized to Towhee for his fuck up. The world around him felt like an all consuming void that sucked up all the good and spit out the bad at him. For each reassurance Rye tried to give himself the void would take it and twist into a negative. There was no winning. 'There is no winning.'
''I'd like to add a little oak leaf to the mix, if you'll let me take a look." Suddenly, as if she wasn't there before, Lane popped back into his life with a request. He looked at her, mild bewilderment in his eyes, shocked that he remained silent for an unorthodox amount of time and without much regard for Lane. "I'm sorry, I was lost in thought— but, yeah, by all means do what you need to." Rye moved his back feet  from under his body and laid more on his good side. Even if it hurt to do so, all the cuts and bruises were still doing their thing, which was being annoying. He tried his best to mentally prepare for the ensuing pain but his thought processes kept getting derailed by his inner conscious. Rye had to ask, he had to know. "Lane, what did I do? I don't mean the accident, I mean how much of an idiot was I being to you, to Tzila?" Rye gazed into the distance as he asked, unable to look Lane in her eyes. Although Rye didn't have a clue on what he said or did, there was still shame already on his doorstep and it was knocking.     
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
RE: when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice - by Rye - May 21, 2021, 06:43 PM