Ouroboros Spine xlvvi. ringing in my head, when you broke my chest
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Irrational. She would feel guilty within days, he was sure of it. Forbidding him from seeing his children? Not as much of a punishment as she might have thought, considering the fact that one of them had a defect. They had also been given names that weren't anything like what Adrastus would have named his children. So other than their surname- which he felt would likely be stripped of them- and their genetics, they weren't much to him.

Twice, it seemed, bad genetics had come into play in Kukutux's family and his lips turned down. Another one this year? So one of Kukutux's children from this year's litter had a defect as well? Well. This was as much of a sign as any that the pack was unhealthy. He should have known better than to follow Kukutux, the woman who believed that wolves were spirits if they returned to the pack a few days after being mourned. The woman who took the likes of a man like Raimo into her Hearth so desparately.

Seemed to him, then, that the worth of the wolves on this place had truly been shown. "Travel safely," Adrastus said, before he settled down onto the coveted lynx pelt, and continued cleaning his wounds, demure and patient as he allowed whoever volunteered to come forth and take away the batch of spoiled children and their mother with them.
Messages In This Thread
RE: xlvvi. ringing in my head, when you broke my chest - by Adrastus - September 26, 2021, 11:56 AM