Dragoncrest Cliffs The Sea Spared Me
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
She hadn't thought of Artemis or anything else spiritual in a long time. She had interpreted her visions of yore to be some kind of divine intervention as a naïve and self-important child, but she had long since decided they were nothing more than the symptoms of a head injury which had eventually healed. Haunt had not only dropped her pursuit of any devotional trade but also shed the beliefs as well, growing into a pragmatic yearling who didn't believe in such thing as ghosts, despite her own moniker.

But she also had no explanation for the dreams. They'd begun several weeks prior, the night following the hunt with Avicus and Erzulie. Each and every night, a black she-wolf came to her with dire words of warning. She never gave a name, nor an explanation, simply hissed dreadful words in Haunt's single ear. The dreams were vividly realistic.

The dream was the same night after night, until last night. Last night, the stranger's yellow eyes bored right into Haunt's as she insisted she pass the warning onto Erzulie and Rosalyn. The yearling woke with cold dread knotting her stomach. She didn't believe in these things, but she couldn't explain the dreams' persistence. At first she hesitated, though perhaps the leaders would help her make sense of it, one way or another.

With trepidation pressing icy hands against her heart, Haunt went seeking the pair of women. She stopped in her tracks, pulling in a sharp breath, at the sounds of Njord's howl. It took her a beat to place the voice, though after a brief deliberation, she began loping in his direction, sure that she would find Erzulie and Rosalyn there.
Messages In This Thread
The Sea Spared Me - by Njord - September 02, 2021, 09:40 AM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Haunt - September 02, 2021, 12:23 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Mireille - September 02, 2021, 06:17 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Sobo - September 02, 2021, 06:53 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Njord - September 02, 2021, 08:28 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Haunt - September 02, 2021, 09:09 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Mireille - September 03, 2021, 12:13 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Erzulie - September 03, 2021, 12:16 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Sobo - September 03, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Njord - September 06, 2021, 10:35 AM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Haunt - September 07, 2021, 09:22 AM