Blacktail Deer Plateau i forgot to remember
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Private 

@Speedy

referencing this thread.

The thick bramble suddenly fell away as the disheveled man broke through the trees. The sudden brightness of the sun stunned him. With a grumbled, he missed a step and stumbled slightly. He was an obvious loner; his fur stringy, unkept, and dull; his eyes still keen, but too sharp, constantly searching for danger or his next meal.

Slowly his eyes adjusted, and a field materialized before him, giving him pause. His gloomy frown slipped into a look of confusion. He felt as though he had been here before. Yet, he was also sure he hadn't travelled this way. As far as he knew his old pack had never made it this far south. With unsure steps, the man carried himself further out into the open, taking a look around.

He felt a tingle along his neck, he had definitely been here before. But the notion was so vague, the idea so fleeting that he felt he couldn't rely on himself. So he simply continued forward, he had nothing better to do.

He reached the opposing side of the field, and once again adjusted to the shadows as he approached the trees. Having found nothing else to spark his interest, the man lowered his snout to the forest floor searching for his next course. When it caught his eye.

"Borage leaves..." The voice spoke, reverberating in his ears. He gasped as a shooting pain struck behind his eyes. It wasn't the first time he had heard the voice. The sweet, calming, delicate voice had accompanied him as long as he could remember. But it was rarely accompanied by such pain. What the hell were borage leaves anyway?!

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She had considered not ever returning to the plateau; it held too many memories for her. It felt like a lifetime ago that she had come here with Emrik, pregnant with their their first litter. That day had been perfect—so perfect that it hurt too much to entertain the memory any longer. 

However, she did want to check the area for herbs. She had little faith there would be any, but in the spring this place was teeming with plants, and she was hoping to find something useful now. 

She had been digging in the snow at the base of a tree when the scent made her freeze—Emrik. But how? How long had she searched for him? He had never returned from his trip, leaving her to assume the worst; it had broken her in a way she didn't even know was possible. Suddenly she had been facing the world without not only her son, but her soulmate. It was something one could never be prepared for. Guilt swelled in her chest—Malila. Speedy had failed her, left her here; it was unforgivable. She only hoped she could find her again, and that she was okay.

The scent pulled her from her inner turmoil. She could tell it was not her imagination, so the healer tracked it through the forest. 

Finally she saw him. Her heart was in her throat and tears stung her eyes. It was Emrik, but she could tell he had been on his own for some time. Emrik, she whispered. She rushed forward, unable to stop herself. She wanted to push her face into his fur and breath deeply of his scent.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

“Emrik.” The voice said, it was almost as if he could actually hear it. Like it was right beside him. A breaking branch startled him, quickly drawing his attention, just as a small brown and white blur hurled itself at him. It reached him before he could properly brace himself, or consider countering such a move. He was thrown off his paws, and tackled quite dramatically to the ground.

Beyond confused, the man gave a deep, volatile growl, and snarled at the creature who attacked him. His teeth snapped quickly aiming for anything he could snatch in his effort to put space between him and the new menace. ”What the fuck!” He swore angrily, ready to launch himself at the offending wolf if they were still within range.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She felt his teeth in her cheek and stumbled back as they ripped away a piece of flesh. Tears formed again, but this time they were not happy ones. Emrik had never put his teeth on her; he had never caused her injury. She didn't even know what to do at first. She was just so stunned by his reaction to her. This was not how he should have responded. Was he sick with fever and confused?

He was poised to strike, baring his teeth at her as if she were his enemy. Speedy backed slowly away, unable to stop the tears from streaking down her cheeks. Emrik, what's wrong with you? she asked, her voice shaky. Do you not recognize your own wife? They had known each other their whole lives, she had given him a son and a daughter. How could this be happening? Her cheek ached as if to rub salt in the gaping wound in her heart.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

The woman stumbled away, and stayed away, enough for him to stay his pursuit. His breath heaved in his chest as he tried to calm his rapidly beating heart. His ears were still ringing, and the world seemed to be moving in slow motion. He desperately tried to follow what she was saying. Narrowing his eyes as she spoke. Her voice. It was her voice. But she was…. real. In the flesh, standing before him.

She seemed so familiar, and yet he couldn’t really place her. Emrik. Again. Who the hell was that? Certainly not him. ”Wife?” He asked skeptically. Titling his head, aggression still present in his stance. ”I’m not….” He shook his head, and took a step back, away from her. ”My name is Lars. I’m not this… Emrik you’re looking for.” He stated it firmly, with full belief.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She could tell he believed his words, even though she knew they were not true. She quickly realized that something was very wrong with him; he didn't even know his own name. The broken part of her wanted to throw more memories at him in the hope that she could break through whatever was keeping him from her. But the healer part of her knew that was not a good idea. If she overwhelmed him now, she could upset him more and potentially scare him away.

She straightened up a little and drew in a deep breath. Do I seem at all familiar to you? she asked. I know you have no reason to believe me, but I am not lying to you. She could not keep the despair from her expression no matter how hard she tried. I am Speedy and you are Emrik; we've known each other our whole lives. That kind of bond could withstand even whatever had happened to him to make him forget.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

After his declaration they lapsed into silence. The pair staring each other down. Lars wasn’t sure what the woman was looking for. She seemed to be analyzing him, her golden honey eyes pierced his flesh and soul. She seemed to come to some sort of conclusion, as she took a deep breath and an air of determination overcame her.

Do I seem at all familiar to you? YES! Yes she did, there was no denying, she was definitely the voice in his head. The same one that had kept him company for over a year, the only comfort her had.

Her voice cracked as she spoke, and the look of devastation on her face shook something within the man. He ached seeing her so upset. Why? He had no idea, but there was something greatly disturbing about this situation that rocked Lars.

Speedy… With the name the pain returned, and he groaned. Eyes scrunched shut against the shock, his head lowered to the ground and his paw came up as if to sooth the invisible hurt. Speedy and Emrik. The names reverberated in his head, confusing him. ”I—I—I—” He stumbled back, tripping and falling to the ground.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Immediately, she regretted pushing as much as she had. Her words had caused him pain, and that killed her. She never wanted to cause anyone pain, but especially her family. 

He stumbled over his words right before he tumbled back and fell. She felt like someone had stabbed her in the heart. Tears glistened in her eyes again as she moved forward. She came close but was careful not to touch him; she didn't want to upset him anymore than she already had. I'm sorry, she murmured. I can give you something to help your head. Her voice was barely above a whisper. She couldn't just do nothing while he hurt.