The Tangle you love me but you don’t know [m]e
gimme all the words you got <3

For a time, she seemed to consider him. His words, his appearance, his gaze. Ego was self-controlled throughout the process, merely watching as the seawater glimmer of her eyes washed over him in thought. When at last she spoke, the wyvern lifted his chin and pressed his ears forward; all of his attention raptly upon her.

Again, she surprised him.

His wheatfrost eyes were bright with interest as he took in her tentative offerings. He listened patiently to her conditions and felt unshaken by the premise she had laid before him. Though Ego was driven to procreate as a means of furthering his bloodline, Marina's reasons for waiting were not unfounded, and he wasn't exactly in a rush besides this. The fact that she had sisters was only a positive in his mind, for it only meant that there would be more protection and more opportunities for the education of their children, when they inevitably did come. So far, he was responsive to the process.

However, when she mentioned that he would have to live with her, and on a chain of islands no less, Ego's expression became clouded. The suitor looked off into the direction she had earlier gestured, and dismay filled him. He may have been able to take the prerequisite in stride if he thought these islands were on a lake, but he knew the ocean lie that way and could only assume that was where her islands were.

He was a wolf of the mountains. Of the darkwoods. Of the plains, even. But not of the sea. The mere thought of being completely surrounded by undrinkable saltwater was putting him on edge. He realized, belatedly, that she smelled faintly of salt.

The alpine wraith looked back at Marina, more seriously than before. He took in her slight stature, the soft curves of her frame, and her eyes -- like glinting seaglass, pulling in his wayward ship with the beacons of her lighthouse. Or was it just the siren's song? His thoughts were still clouded by the scent of her, and he felt himself acquiescing despite his ingrained misgivings. I am no seawolf, he admitted at length. Would you ever consider absconding to the mainland with me, after I have earned your trust? His question was earnest, and his gaze was inundated with longing.

If you can agree to this single provision and allow me to carve out a place for you beyond the sea, then I will vow to meet your needs until I can no longer.
Messages In This Thread
you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 24, 2022, 09:31 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 24, 2022, 12:20 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 25, 2022, 10:19 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 25, 2022, 01:40 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 27, 2022, 06:48 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 28, 2022, 03:32 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 04, 2022, 02:25 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - April 06, 2022, 09:12 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 17, 2022, 11:27 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - April 21, 2022, 09:33 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 24, 2022, 03:55 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - May 05, 2022, 07:52 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - May 07, 2022, 06:13 PM