The Tangle you love me but you don’t know [m]e
109 Posts
Ooc — Kintsugi
the longer she spoke the more something left him unsettled.  she worried that she had misunderstood him, and that by court her he had only intented to cover her, but these fears were quickly revealed to be baseless when he was allowed to speak again.

she must deeply consider his query.

there was a time in her life where she would have never even considered leaving the coast. she was born of it, had known its comfort her whole life. in a way, her identity was tied to it. she was marina, she was cerulean, she was the granddaughter of seabreeze. aside from her brief trips as the mouthpiece of the listener, she could not think of a single memory where the ambient music of the rolling waters didn't play.

but there came a time where she had to let go of the things she held onto for the sake of familiarity. she thought of her sisters, and what her life would look like without them if they chose not to follow her to the mainland.

would it be anything different than how she lived now? her heart wrung at the thought of it, and she could not help the sorrow that momentarily cracked her seaglass eyes. her relationship with her sisters had been altered, fractured. there was a painful reality that what they'd had was lost to nostalgia.

so she must leave room in her heart for another. at least the possibility of another.

she knew there was beauty beyond the coast. kind prophet had shown her that much, though she quickly banished the thought of him. she did not know what he would think of this. she did not know what anyone would think of this.

but his offer beckoned an opportunity that she no longer had the control to resist. her integrity overrode the feelings of obligation she had — to her sisters, to the listener, to anything at all.

yes, i would. she declared with certainty. there are many places i would find suitable, if i allowed them the chance. everything was acting out an archetype, everything was pointing at something else. if it was not ego it would have been another. if it was not blackwater it would have been another. if she had not filled her role as speaker she would have found another. on and on.

she swept closer, then turned her shoulder and pointed her body towards the islands.  if that is all you ask, i am yours.
Messages In This Thread
you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 24, 2022, 09:31 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 24, 2022, 12:20 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 25, 2022, 10:19 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 25, 2022, 01:40 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 27, 2022, 06:48 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 28, 2022, 03:32 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 04, 2022, 02:25 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - April 06, 2022, 09:12 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 17, 2022, 11:27 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - April 21, 2022, 09:33 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 24, 2022, 03:55 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - May 05, 2022, 07:52 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - May 07, 2022, 06:13 PM