The Tangle you love me but you don’t know [m]e
Goldfrost eyes took painstaking care to watch Marina's every feature as she considered his only stipulation. In that moment, he would have given his soul to read her mind; to know her well enough already that he could tell what she was thinking without her having to speak it. But he could only see heartbreak on her face and surmise that he had hurt her with his requirement.

However, he would not take it back.

He was determined not to spend all of his prime years at sea, and he believed that no wolf could convince him to do so. It was hard for him to imagine that he might ever love a creature more than himself. He could not fathom her happiness ever overcoming his deeply rooted selfishness...

Ego steeled himself to the response he expected. He prepared to see her turn away from him, leaving him only with regret to boil over in his stomach like a sour stew.

Yet, after the reasonably weighty pause one often takes when considering the very trajectory of their life, Marina agreed. The nighthawk blinked owlishly at her, too stunned to speak, but eventually his shock gave way to intense satisfaction. It was a deal, then. The hard line of his jaw softened, and his tail began to wag steadily as she gave him a signal of trust by presenting her profile to him, aiming to lead them seaward.

That is all I ask, he confirmed solemnly, taking up his newfound position as queensguard at her flank. Possessiveness poured through his every vein, and he instinctively knew that he would let no male approach her without injury. In that instant, he abandoned all previous conquests indefinitely to focus solely upon her, his betrothed. Mine. I will honor you.

Her scent curled about his muzzle -- stronger than ever -- draping Ego in a wreath of yearning. He swallowed dryly, attempting to make his breaths more shallow. We should hunt together to commemorate our union. Do you have a favorite meal?

Fish, probably.
Messages In This Thread
you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 24, 2022, 09:31 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 24, 2022, 12:20 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 25, 2022, 10:19 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 25, 2022, 01:40 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - March 27, 2022, 06:48 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - March 28, 2022, 03:32 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 04, 2022, 02:25 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - April 06, 2022, 09:12 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 17, 2022, 11:27 AM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - April 21, 2022, 09:33 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Cerulean - April 24, 2022, 03:55 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - May 05, 2022, 07:52 PM
RE: you love me but you don’t know [m]e - by Ego - May 07, 2022, 06:13 PM