Ravensblood Forest Everybody knows my name now
5 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 

Tagging Noir for reference. 

Please allow @Keyni and Kéknu a few rounds before jumping in, @Violante

Travelling was always a treacherous time for the mentality. Every step was taken with caution, as if the ground would explode with a single step upon a pressure plate. 

Kéknu had always been quite fragile, in many different ways. Always looking over his shoulder.

How else could anyone expect him to act, considering his very detail past?

This part of the wilderness had never been explored before. He had been followed @Noir all the while, but kept at least half a day's distance as to not alert anyone of his arrival.

There was only one individual Kéknu sought, but he was hesitant. How would Violante react when she saw him? Sure, she had been kind to him before, but that didn't mean she couldn't have changed. 

Would it even be worth the risk? He had begun to doubt himself and even considered turning back.

I've come this far...
The rain is my only true friend; for it conceals my tears and drowns out my innumerable wails of sorrow and agony.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
OOC: Note that Keyni is near the borders but has not crossed them. <3

The scent of promise drew her in. It was in the form of a tantalizing scent trail belonging to a lone doe, separated from her herd. The Tundrian may be on her own for now, but that didn't make her any less opportunistic. If she was lucky, she could surprise the animal. The odds would be even better if it were injured. In an unexpected twist, the trail of her quarry to be led straight past the borders of a pack.

She abandoned her pursuit well before she got too close for comfort for the residents of a pack. She was far too wise, far too prudent, to act rashly. But, she did linger. Their scent was of the newer variety. Recently established and small in numbers, if her nose served her right. She was curious as to who they were.

And then, another element to add to her already ignited interest. She wasn't alone. The dark flash of fur and shape of another wolf caught her eye. Hunkering down in her spot for the time being, she watched quietly. He did not look to be in great condition. Announcing herself with a soft call, she waited to see what sort of reception she'd get.
5 Posts
Ooc —
Away

There it was. Or, there it had been. That brief ounce of confidence to lift his head and send the call. He was close. So close. And then he heard the voice...

Just as quickly as it had come, it had gone. Kéknu froze in an instant, heart racing. Was it possible to have a false heart attack? Screw it. He was having one.

From where he once stood, the dark wolf skidded hastily, feet scratching against the earth as his frame disappeared within the helm of a nearby bush. No longer was he standing. No. The body had completely coiled itself tightly, eyes squeezed shut with no intention of opening. 

He hadn't even bothered to take a glance towards who had called to him, if even the call was meant for him at all. Why did it matter? In this moment and every moment after, all he cared for was fending for his life — if this even was a life or death situation, which it most likely wasn't. This was Kéknu's way. He had survived thus far, hadn't he?
The rain is my only true friend; for it conceals my tears and drowns out my innumerable wails of sorrow and agony.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Much to her surprise, the stranger reacted in the way she was least expecting. Not in violence, nor in exuberant joy. But in fear. Jade eyes widened a fraction, blinking in bewilderment as he made a panicked dash in amongst the nearest shrub. All she had done was call out in a soft chuff. My, he was a skittish one, wasn't he?

He was even curled up in a tight little black ball, as if playing dead to the world would make him invisible. Struggling with what could have possibly elicited such traumatized behavior on his end, the Tundrian woman padded closer. Slowly. She stepped softly, so as to seem as non-threatening as possible. 

Knowing that a fearful and cornered wolf could very well be a defensive one, she dared not press too near his place of hiding. But she could still easily make out his coiled body. "Hey..." She began in her calm, smooth voice. "I didn't mean to give you such a fright. I was just trying to say hi." She used a softer tone than usual. "I won't bite you, I swear."
5 Posts
Ooc —
Away

From where he had been hidden deep within the shroud, he could not see this wolf, but he could hear the light footsteps. They were getting close. Too close.

A soft soothing voice; from a woman. That made things no less stressful. 

I d-don't... I d-d-d-on't k-now y-you... Kéknu was struggling. More than usual.

W-who a-a-a-re y-yo-you? As much as he would have rather she left entirely, he felt somewhat safe enough knowing that she was kind to keep a distance. If it were someone with ill intent, he would have likely been torn away from the brush by now. 
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Her ears fell, pinning sympathetically to her crown. The man's voice quivered with each word he managed. She shook her head softly, affirming what was true. "That's right...you don't. Nor I you." She breathed, keeping her voice deliberately more soft than usual. The Tundrian could be a sensitive, intuitive type. Here, her gut instinct implored her to be as passive as possible.

Wisely respecting his desire to keep distance between them, she moved no closer. Instead, she slowly slid down onto her stomach in a further display of non hostility. From there at least, if he wished, he could peek out and meet her soft facial features and calm green eyes. "Just a passerby. Someone familiar with the Teekons. Certainly not a monster." She'd let him believe what he may. Actions often proved more valuable than words. "Who are you?"
5 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Oh, how soothing the tone was. An angel sung to him a lullaby, urging the body to be at ease. A command, and he listened.

Peering from where he was coiled, the dark figure shifted, gazing between the gaps. 

N-not a-a m-m-mon-monster... Kéknu repeated, as if to provide his own assurance of her words.

I a-am Ké-Kéknu. The stutters ceased in the slightest, the growing comfort of her presence showing.

Head lowering in a submissive manner, his chin soon rested upon his paws, eyes searching the woman's face. 

She sure was pretty. Seemingly kind, too.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Violante was on patrol when she heard voices, one she knew, and one she didn't. Shock held her in place for but a moment, and she raced for the border. As she left the shadows of the sequoias, her eyes fell upon one of Vex's old prisoners, as well as a female she didn't know. She approached, head and tail held high. "Kéknu. You've found us." Her head swiveled to look at the other female. "I am Violante Cruor. Who might you be?"
Physical Health (100/100)

Mental Health (100/100)

367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Ever so carefully, she inched closer. She flicked her tongue out over her lips in a disarming way. But, she would not force him out of hiding. He must have felt slightly safer, for he introduced himself. Kéknu. Before she could say another word, someone appeared. From beyond the border of the packs territory. A black female with dark eyes.

She knew lingering by pack borders was bound to attract attention before long. She stood up off the ground, where her position was more vulnerable. It appeared this dark woman knew the cowering man too, as she addressed him. "I am Keyni." She introduced, making sure to glance to Kéknu as well. "I caught scent of your borders and came to investigate. And found him."
5 Posts
Ooc —
Away

I am sooo sorry for the wait!!

Again distracted by the view, it was difficult to miss the second voice and figure approaching. However, they were both so familiar~.. how could he not?

V-vi? An uttered question, with use of the sisterly name he'd given due her kindness.

Slithering away from the hiding place he'd found, Kéknu turned to face the dark woman.

Once assured the presence was of the assumed, the green-eyed one sprinted forward to properly greet her. A friendly lick on the shoulder was given, followed by an inclined smile and wiggle of his quarters.

The pretty one would be forgotten for a short time, now. Kéknu's attention only had a span for one, and that one would be Violante.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: details of imprisonment and forced into being a "jailer" for prisoners

no worries!

Once she realized what was happening, her tail lowered and she relaxed. She smiled at Kéknu, and while she was slightly surprised by the affection, she supposed she understood; she had been forced to "guard" him during his imprisonment. She had brought him food, overseen his punishments (which Vex constantly insisted she was too light on him - Violante's go-to being withholding food, and only when Vex or another reported him), and saw too it that he completed his tasks. He had been compliant, and Violante had been fond of him - not quite as fond as Noir, but fond all the same. She returned his affection, gently pressing her muzzle to his shoulder. She wasn't at liberty to speak freely, so she gave him a meaningful look, then turned to Keyni. 

"Apologies - we've not seen each other in some time. I have a pack here - Sacrarium." She felt frazzled, and off her game. She had hoped this sort of reunion would be more... private. Still, she extended a small smile. "You mentioned investigating - I can answer any questions you might have."
Physical Health (100/100)

Mental Health (100/100)

367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Indeed, these two dark wolves did know each other. Kéknu, who was previously frightened and in hiding, emerged out from the shelter of the bush. Keyni was un-offended by the momentary lack of attention towards herself. She simply watched on, observing the happy reunion, pleased that she had played a small role in it.

With the initial greetings over, she nodded once when Violante addressed her. She was the leader of this pack; Sacraium. "I have not heard of you before." She said, referring to her packs name. "You are fairly new then? Please, tell me about yourselves, if you don't mind." The Tundrian was plainly curious and non pushy. She had no intention of joining. Just gathering more information for her mental notebook.