Hideaway Strath And when you come close, I just tremble
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Private 
set directly after the return of Arashi/Adlartok! 

As soon as Arashi and Fury had spoken, he sought out their shared den. There, he would find @Sovereign, marred and weary. 

Sovereign- The word came in a breath, mouth near gaping at the sight of her. Quickly, the man rushed within the den and settled close, nudging her cheek gently.

There was a moment of his comfort and warmth, but soon it bubbled into anger. Not towards the child, but to those who had harmed her.

You will not be leaving this den unaccompanied... not until your mother and I decide otherwise, He told her, voice stern and unchanging. Wherever you go, I, your mother.. or someone else— I don't care who, so long as they are competent, must be with you. That was most of Hildibrandr though, wasn't it?

The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The girl lifted her head at the sudden presence of her dad, a low and inquisitve whine as she stirred from his gentle nudge to her cheek.
Listening to his words, Sovereign watched Arashi's face as he told her she was under watch.
She knew without need for clarity that this statement was for her own protection, and thus she offered a cooperative series of nods in response to the Jotunn's words. 

She did not expect Arashi to comfort her like Adlartok had only a mere hour or so earlier, and thus despite the want on her face, she did not chase it. 

"Understood." She murmured softly.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She did not interject, nor argue the decision. Arashi was glad of this.

He watched her, then, for a silent moment.

Never, had the jotunn been one that approved of coddling. It was weakening to the soul, or so he thought. But seeing the child in this way— it stung his heart sharply.

Caving one time couldn't hurt, right?

Sinking down to the den's floor, the beast curled his massed frame around her own. Gentle, he tightened, trapping her close against his flank. In a slow, steady rhythm, his tongue carried itself across her crown, behind her ears, and occasionally across the scruff. Soothing, comforting, affectionate—everything the man refused to show others aside from his wife. But they were a family. Sovereign now held this rite, the same as Fury.

The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign was admittedly both shocked and relieved when Arashi decided to curl around her, offering comforting licks to her head, ears and scruff.
The child relaxed slowly into his protective embrace, letting out an appreciative rumble as she soon began to drift into a deep slumber.

Drowsily, she mumbled to him "Thank you, dad." and thenshe began emitting soft snoring sounds.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You