Two Rivers Isle Then we got tattoos by the coast
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
All Welcome 
For @Makan - you said you wanted a new thread I think?

Ulrich was hard at work patrolling borders and checking caches that morning. This was something he always did, but since Adylaide's pregnancy, he now worked twice as hard at it. The work did not bother him, though. After his initial freak-out over having to look after everyone in the pack and "do everything himself," which wasn't true, he'd calmed down and accepted his role as leader of this pack. He smiled as he worked, as he patrolled and scratched his claws into the trees and sniffed out the caches to check for tampering. He was in a good mood.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

121 Posts
Ooc — siv
yes i did!! <3

Makan had just deposited a small fish into a cache.

He had smelled changes on the breeze and with their slow growing numbers, he figured he ought to work over time. Although he realized there might be other duties he should focus upon as well.

The patrolling scent of Ulrich gave him such an idea.

A garbled, warm note buzzed in his throat as he approached the older man.

makan cannot speak — i am okay if this cuts a thread short due to hard interaction!
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
short post bc I'm trying to catch up from being behind! sorry!

Ulrich smiled at the dark silent man upon his approach, feeling simultaneously warmed and also pitying at the garbled sound the man made in his throat. He went towards him even as the man came towards him, so that they met in the middle. Greetings, he said, and then faltered because the man could not answer him in words. How to have conversations with him...? Well, Ulrich could at least ask yes or no questions. He swallowed, a question coming to mind that he was almost afraid to ask, for he did not want to bring up bad memories. And yet... He cleared his throat, awkwardly. Does it... does it hurt you, to attempt sound? I know you cannot speak, yet you greeted me with noise, and I... worry you are hurting yourself more. Quickly, he added, You can just shake or nod, or... you don't have to answer at all.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

121 Posts
Ooc — siv
Did it hurt?

He supposed in a way it did and yet...it hurt worse to do nothing at all. To be hidden in his silence and hope that everybody understood his body language enough. Some were not so inclined, more in sync with their nice words and meaningful conversations.

Things Makan would not have.

So, for the sake of feeling that he could have it, he swayed his head side to side. A little no. A white lie for the greater good he felt.

makan cannot speak — i am okay if this cuts a thread short due to hard interaction!
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
The dark male shook his head, no, that making sound did not hurt his throat. Ulrich released a small sigh of relief. Well, that's good, at least. He smiled at his friend, for even if they could not have a regular conversation, Ulrich still thought of them as friends. He liked to think he was friends with every member of the Isle.

He found himself at a loss for what to say, feeling responsible for keeping the conversation up since his friend could not speak. Uh... he faltered for a moment, awkwardly. H-How are you liking the Isle? Do you like living here? This was a genuine question, as Ulrich wanted everyone here to be happy and healthy, and to living a fulfilling life. If anything needed changing, he wanted to know now, when the pack was still new, and changes could be made more easily.