Swiftcurrent Creek Save some face; you know you've only got one
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Kel nodded; he'd been willing to commit to this, but he wouldn't put more into it than Akavir himself was willing to. Reverie was uncommunicative and Lestan uncooperative. Neither of these things would have been a barrier at Willowspire or The Evergarden — but those places had been meant for healing, and this was just some pack. Kel had to remember that. He had a few things to say about their autonomy, considering Reverie thought she was a curse and Lestan thought he was hunted by deer, but — not his circus, not his monkeys. Not anymore.
It seemed like Akavir had a lot going on anyway.
And then Kel was insulted. Not high, He corrected, but his voice was still mild. The decision was hers. I respected it, and Lestan's. Neither of them know how sick they are though, and I'm not about to press the issue if you're not. Frankly, he felt Akavir should have been grateful for the effort he was willing to put toward this. It just wasn't worth being annoyed over.
So, best if I take my leave. Reverie knows what to take and how much. Said she knows herbs, And with that, Kel washed his hands of the situation. On to less hopeless things. When are you leaving? I can wait, if you'd like to travel together. As insulted as he felt, he also wanted to test the waters; see if he had insulted Akavir. He didn't feel as if he'd done anything wrong. It seemed to him as if the man didn't realize the severity of what was afflicting his subordinates, or the full extent of what treatment would entail. And that wasn't Kel's fault, in his opinion.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Save some face; you know you've only got one - by Kestrelcloud - April 24, 2023, 07:54 AM